Shadowgun Deadzone - Online Multiplayer Unity Shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lumothesinner, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    i'd choose this over that laggy mess by a landside!!

2. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    lol, it's not even out yet and your calling mc4 a laggy mess. I'm willing to bet this will be the ultimate fps on iOS.

3. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    If it lags on an iPod Touch 4th gen, then it isn't your fault. If it lags on an iPod Touch 5th gen then something is wrong with the game. The game isn't even out yet, but when it is you can't complain that one of the best and most advanced FPS on iOS devices is lagging on your outdated iPod.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Last time I post comparing a TPS like this to an fps like mc4. Look what I started -_-

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    So when's this coming out?

6. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Thursay the 15 of November

7. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    Hi guys.. I just stopped here, because I found that this thread is active. I just want to say, that iAP will not ruin your experience, its just not possible. Defred's impressions are not true and based on his guessing only. I dont know, why he is spreading this rumous, but he knows nothing about our game, except beta test (which was for testing other things then tweaking game for high income ;) )

Anyway, you will find soon by yourselves and I bet that you will be very happy with our game.

Best

Marek

8. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    C'mon marek. You know this site. Did you really think this thread would be silent? I was surprised to see you guys were not responding to the thread. Anyway will wait and see how this turns out!

9. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    "but it'll cost big bucks to unlock powerful weapons like machine guns, shotguns, and even a rocket launcher called the "B52 Sh*tstorm" (spelled just like that)." -SlideToPlay

Hopefully the rockets arnt too powerful because the people that are jailbroken will crack the iAP and get it ASAP... And I noticed how there was no health regeneration in the beta, will there be HP regeneration @ launch? Do any android users know?

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but how about considering your next release to be a premium game with optional IAP, much as Gameloft conducts business? I'm sorry, but a multiplayer game that is F2P without game breaking IAP and makes money for the developers (I have nothing against that) is hard to swallow.

Or consider having two versions like Dark Meadow did, a F2P one and a paymium one with increases in currency gain or no duel currency system (if you have that).

You guys are extremely talented artists and excel in pushing devices to their limits, but I have a hard time supporting freemium games regardless of how well made they are.

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The two versions thing never works well. People would buy the free version even if it had paywalls and nobody would buy the premium one.
    And after Madfinger's fail with Shadowgun, I think that we won't see another premium game from them in a long time.

12. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #172 Darth Nihilus, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    Is there any actual reason to choose between MC4 or This? booth look very nice plus Deadzone is going to be free, Don't know about you but I'll get both.

And regarding the IAPs, if I remember correctly when Dead Trigger came out, I got most of the gold guns (the ones you get faster through IAPs) the same day I downloaded it and till this day, I haven't bought IAP at all, and people where also complaining a lot about the game "forcing" you to buy IAPs cause it was "too difficult", which wasn't true, so I don't think this time will be that bad, the gold guns in DT didn't really make the game easier, just more varied.

13. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #173 Darth Nihilus, Nov 14, 2012
    What do you mean with that? Did Shadowgun not sell well?

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I would buy the premium version.

And Shadowgun didn't sell well on android due to pirating if I recall correctly, but iOS it did nicely...right? I really don't remember. It did get a ton of publicity.

15. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Well one:didn't dead trigger come after shawdowgun? And two: he means that while the game looked pretty all the crashing couldn't save it

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    #176 VaroFN, Nov 14, 2012
    Yup. Many people got it with that app. That's why DT was already going to be freemium since the release (when it was at $0,99/0,79€).

I think that Shadowgun didn't sell well on iOS too. It was put on sale shortly after.
    And yes, of course I'd buy the premium version too, but you already know how the AppStore works. Remember CSR Racing?

17. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Mhmm not sure I'm following, Yeah DT came after, but I did not experience crashes I neither DT or SG, at all.

18. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #178 Darth Nihilus, Nov 14, 2012
    Oh well I think just a few games sell well on Android, they get most of them for free, but on iOS?

19. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Yes, there is hp regeneration. Which is one of the things that breaks the game's balance and swings the advantage to the IAP purchasees.

20. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Wow, I am appalled reading this. How is this based on my guessing? I have been playing the open beta available on Google Play every iteration. I know, the IAP was never implemented...yet, but anyone can tell you how it would be advantageous by looking at the "research" facility.

If, somehow the income has increased by 3x, then yeah, things won't be so bad...but it doesn't change the fact the IAPs can buy you additional weapons (turrets, bombs), perks (weapon/health regeneratons) and other equipment (radar, which is not there by default)....besides of your your standard weapons.

Anyways, I am prepared to be surprised come tomorrow. I'll be happy to be proved wrong in this case.

PS: I never misled anyone with my earlier post. It was a proper deduction based on everything I have seen and in place in the game.