Phoenix Defense Force - Line Drawing / Tower Defense Game IN SPACE! lol

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DonMecca, Sep 22, 2011.

1. DonMecca

DonMecca Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Hey,

I finally released my first game for the iphone and ipad, its called "Phoenix Defense Force" If you want to check it out for free post a message in this thread and I'll send you a promo code if I have any left. Let me know what you think of the game and also any suggestions on improving the gaming experience are welcome too.

I'll announce when I'm out of all the promo codes.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phoenix-defense-force/id433621022?mt=8

[​IMG]

The Innovations Store:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Description:

Description
    Defend your planet from the nastiest, deadliest alien invasion ever!

Aliens want to take over your planet, and its your duty as the leader of the Elite Phoenix Defense Force (PDF) to save the millions of inhabitants.

Draw paths for your fleet of spaceships to grab the bombs that aliens drop before they explode. They have countdowns to their ultimate explosion.

Control your fleet of starships and guide them to the blackholes surrounding the planet to deliver the deadly payload to explode and be neutralized into energy .

Getting your priorities right is challenging, these bombs have countdowns and you need to get them off the planet before they explode.

You only have so many ships you can handle navigating!

The Aliens want a war? Well, fight fire with fire. As you neutralize more and more bombs your brilliant scientist and engineers are able to convert that energy into weapons.

Place your rocket launchers, laser beams, and gun torrents on the planet surface or in space to defend your planet from the on coming Alien ships!

Watch as your defense torrents battle it out and destroy the alien ships!

This is non-stop-action, combining time management, line drawing, and defense concepts to bring you to new heights of entertainment.

Use your innovations store to acquire new weapons that get unlocked as you neutralize more and more alien bombs.

Can you save the planet from total destruction and annihilation?

Action-packed, fast-paced, and thrilling, will you reign supreme on the GameCenter global scoreboard for Phoenix Defense Force? Play and prove it!

Or will you be yet another victim, squashed like a worthless bug by these Aliens, in their intergalactic journey to conquer the Universe?

2. DonMecca

DonMecca Member

Jan 19, 2011
    BTW what do you guys think of the game description? Is it too long?

3. kingpukka

kingpukka Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    It's fine and i'll be checking it out :D

4. DonMecca

DonMecca Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Thanks Kingpukka....do post what you think of the game on here and leave a review on the appstore! :)

5. kingpukka

kingpukka Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    #5 kingpukka, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
    you don't have anymore promo codes

6. DonMecca

DonMecca Member

Jan 19, 2011
    I've PM'ed you a promocode.

If anyone else is interested please do post in the thread.

Thanks!

7. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Id like a promo code.

PS: the description looks long because of all the spacings. Make 1 or 2 paragraphs and it'll look so much better.

PS^2: If you want i could edit your description later, like on sunday when i have time and no homework from school lol. ;0

8. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Also try posting this in another section.... This is the Upcoming Games Section. Your game is out so it should not be here :p

9. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    If you have any promo codes left, I wouldn't mind trying out the game. Like Triggy said, you should make a thread for your game in the iPhone/iPod Games forum. Also, put the following (below) in your post to display the app information.

[appinfo=all]http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phoenix-defense-force/id433621022?mt=8[/appinfo]

10. DonMecca

DonMecca Member

Jan 19, 2011
    So you believe a longer description would negatively effect the download rate even if its useful or interesting wording?

If someone was the type to not read descriptions wouldn't they just scroll down to the screenshots anyway?

Or would seeing a long description just make them skip looking into the game entirely?

BTW: I've PM'ed you a PROMOcode. Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Yes, I noticed, it would be great if maybe a moderator could move it to a more appropriate section. My thinking behind it was I was looking to get feedback for the next version (The next edition of the game) that would be up and coming. If that makes sense.

I've PM'ed you a Promocode to checkout the game. If you get the chance would love to hear what you think.

Hey, yes that section does seem more appropriate, also you can also checkout my reasoning with my reply to Triggy. Heck that section gets a lot more traffic it would appear compared to this up and coming section.

Would I be breaking any forum rules if I made a new post in that section? I've read the rules ..but I don't see anything that prohibits having threads about the game in multiple sections. As long as you announce you are the developer if you happen to be like me :).

Thanks everyone that showed interest...

11. DonMecca

DonMecca Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Also I'd like to say I have more promocodes, So let me know if you want any!

12. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Sorry, I never got around to posting feedback. I had a few quick suggestions:
    - In survival mode, I think the constant chatter could really be reduced or even removed. It can get in the way of gameplay when the target locations move beneath the text.
    - Is There A Particular Reason Why All Of The Sentences Are Capitalized Like This? Sorry, the grammar nit in me just had to ask.
    - I think a link to a quick help guide on the main screen would be nice. I don't know what a lot of the upgrades do, and having to check each one by buying it is an inefficient way to learn about them.
    - This is not a suggestion, but I'm a bit confused as to the difference between campaign and survival mode. They seem very similar to me.