★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gta:chinatown wars iphone port

06-16-2009, 02:34 AM
Gta:chinatown wars iphone port

Touch arcade had a forum by "gameloft" saying they were making sonic unleashed and GTA:chinatown wars ports for the iphone. I don't hear any talk over the internet about this or on gamelofts website was this a hoax or is their validity to these comments plz help. I had my hopes up so high for GTA hope it wasn't a lie.
06-16-2009, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militia View Post
Touch arcade had a forum by "gameloft" saying they were making sonic unleashed and GTA:chinatown wars ports for the iphone. I don't hear any talk over the internet about this or on gamelofts website was this a hoax or is their validity to these comments plz help. I had my hopes up so high for GTA hope it wasn't a lie.
ya it was a hoax gameloft denied it

Beta tested: Parallelus, Galactic Gunner, Crazy Snowboard, IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPodder View Post
What? They make games for the iPhone/iPod Touch?
lmao

It was a hoax.

Edit:noobynick beat me to it. Is there a way of deleting your posts?

Plus+ (Eliminate): CBraun53

Favorite games: Bounce On, Car Jack Streets, Blue Defense!, AlienMangle, Snail Mail, Mouse About
Quote:
It was a hoax. Also please post in the proper forum from now on. There is no gta Chinatown wars coming out for the iPhone

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
06-16-2009, 02:37 AM
lies

I feel like such a complete idiot i went telling all my friends who argued the iphone is not a true gaming system and i rubbed it in their faces i was soooo excited you don't even know. It was my most anticipated iphone game ever.
06-16-2009, 02:37 AM
It was a hoax.
Not even sure how well the game would run on the iphone.

China Town wars is designed for a dual screen console so many things would have to be changed.

On the flipside China Town Wars had pretty poor overall sales against what was expected so perhaps Rockstar may see an iphone version as a way to make a bit more cash out of it.

While it would be a fun game to have on the phone ultimately i doubt it will ever happen due to the hoops that current devs have to jump through to get past apple's dubious certification labrynth.
06-16-2009, 02:40 AM
Quote:
I feel like such a complete idiot i went telling all my friends who argued the iphone is not a true gaming system and i rubbed it in their faces i was soooo excited you don't even know. It was my most anticipated iphone game ever.
Double post so sorry... but had to reply to the previous poster.

So why don't you show them Real Racing and Terminator Salvation.
Or Live Fire when it comes out.
How about Need for Speed? Sims3 and Zenonia.... all these titles and many more show that the iphone is a true gaming system.
06-16-2009, 02:43 AM
I completely agree and have spent over 200$ in iphone gaming. Bue the fact that they would have a full on port of a GTA game which was scored so highly by critics would be undeniable. Sure we have assasins creed which was a DS port which was done spectacularl but still it was a good game not great. We need a port of a game like GTA:Chinatown wars with well implemented controls and their would just be no denying it and not only that i wanted that game whe i "heard" it was coming out more than any other iphone game so it sux.
06-16-2009, 02:46 AM
LOL Chinatown wars is not a highly regarded game, it was a flop. Titles like Tiger Woods, sims3, and others prove the platform

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
06-16-2009, 02:49 AM
delete

Last edited by Militia; 06-16-2009 at 02:51 AM.