★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Strange thing happen to many unlucky app today!

07-28-2009, 10:20 PM
#1
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Thailand : land of smile ^_^
Posts: 141
Strange thing happen to many unlucky app today!

I notice that some application (also game) are losing it name, description, screenshot in iTunes store for unknown reason.

Wonder how long does it take for them to figure out since this will surely effect the customer feeling. Some may considered not buying the game and thing that it the developer who did something wrong.

Apple should come out and speak about this problem in public before someone have to get their blame instead. Not to mention that tiny developer who rely their marketing on iTunes alone will suffer the most.

Some conspiracy might happen inside the Big A.

Does anybody can enlighten us about this problem?

Game are meant to play for fun...not pay for fun.

my developer blog
http://dprompt.blogspot.com/

Running From The Dead
Gameplay Video
Website
07-28-2009, 10:23 PM
#2
Joined: May 2009
Location: Lala Land
Posts: 1,063
I saw that too

memory cards

07-28-2009, 10:32 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Thailand : land of smile ^_^
Posts: 141
I have search over the net and found... nothing.

Seem like no related website notice this yet.

Game are meant to play for fun...not pay for fun.

my developer blog
http://dprompt.blogspot.com/

Running From The Dead
Gameplay Video
Website
07-28-2009, 10:37 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Thailand : land of smile ^_^
Posts: 141
Got more info from developer who got this problem.

Seem like they just updating their application description today then this sh*t happen.

So as a warning word to all developer.

DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO YOUR DESCRIPTION YET!

I'll try to list down the victim of this crisis and list their name here.

Game are meant to play for fun...not pay for fun.

my developer blog
http://dprompt.blogspot.com/

Running From The Dead
Gameplay Video
Website
07-28-2009, 10:37 PM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 9,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by songkranw View Post
I notice that some application (also game) are losing it name, description, screenshot in iTunes store for unknown reason.

Wonder how long does it take for them to figure out since this will surely effect the customer feeling. Some may considered not buying the game and thing that it the developer who did something wrong.

Apple should come out and speak about this problem in public before someone have to get their blame instead. Not to mention that tiny developer who rely their marketing on iTunes alone will suffer the most.

Some conspiracy might happen inside the Big A.

Does anybody can enlighten us about this problem?
What does Big Albie have to do with any of this?

back
07-28-2009, 10:38 PM
#6
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
What does Big Albie have to do with any of this?
He was talking about the Big Abe
Duh
07-28-2009, 10:43 PM
#7
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Thailand : land of smile ^_^
Posts: 141
The symptoms of this disease is
- Losing their application name.
- Lose their list when search the app. using browse or power search.
- Still get the ranking in all area.
- Still can get to the real page by using Appstore Link.

So for now please help people who cannot view the app description by putting their app link here for the victim app.

Game are meant to play for fun...not pay for fun.

my developer blog
http://dprompt.blogspot.com/

Running From The Dead
Gameplay Video
Website
07-28-2009, 10:44 PM
#8
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,438
it's affected a lot of apps.

I turned off AppShopper's updates to avoid corrupting AppShopper with the same info.

arn
07-28-2009, 10:46 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Thailand : land of smile ^_^
Posts: 141
You can still view their safe and sound description here.

Harbor Master

Please help list the name of unlucky app.
It is very hard to find their working link when not knowing their name.

Game are meant to play for fun...not pay for fun.

my developer blog
http://dprompt.blogspot.com/

Running From The Dead
Gameplay Video
Website

Last edited by songkranw; 07-28-2009 at 10:51 PM.
07-28-2009, 10:53 PM
#10
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
it's affected a lot of apps.

I turned off AppShopper's updates to avoid corrupting AppShopper with the same info.

arn


good idea.