★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Andrew Warne
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 7.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0.8
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Pilot your lander through increasingly large and perilous caverns in this retro-styled arcade game.
Avoid numerous hazards and collect fuel as you use your precision flying skills to land your ship safely.

FEATURES
- 48 levels (requires purchase of level pack)
- Classic arcade gameplay

HOW TO PLAY
- Tap screen to fire rocket
- Tilt device to steer lander
10-16-2014, 07:11 PM
Pretty cool game. Pretty much old-school Lunar Lander (Jupiter Lander for Commodore fans) with larger, scrolling mazelike levels. Also, sideways movement doesn't consume fuel, so that makes the game easier in some ways.

You have to be going *very* slowly to make a safe landing, and the game doesn't seem to provide any audio or video clues for what is a safe speed or not; those unfamiliar with the genre will probably find this frustrating.

Also, even on the first level you have to navigate a fairly large S-shaped level before you get a chance to find out how sensitive your ship is to your landing velocity, and then retry.

The second level already introduces gates that open and close quite rapidly considering how slowly the ship moves; I think the first few levels should be made shorter and easier to introduce new players. Or maybe a tutorial level could be added.

Overall, recommended!

P1XL Games | Twitter | Facebook
Paid: Super Splatform (8-bit platformer) - 4NR (2-bit platformer)
More: P1XL Party (original game collection) - RPG Quest - Minim (8-bit RPG)
Free: Bad Student Driver (Flappy Car?) - Bad Student Driver: Swing Ride (New)

10-17-2014, 08:07 PM
Nobody else playing this? It's my 2nd favourite recent game, after Zombie Highway 2.

10-20-2014, 07:09 AM
Love the vector graphics, looks really good but damn just tilt ? I'll pass sadly
10-20-2014, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Love the vector graphics, looks really good but damn just tilt ? I'll pass sadly
Tilt control is not really a problem here. I think you should give it a chance since it's free to try.
10-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Review here: http://gamemob.com/news/indie-ios-im...ns-tap-lander/

10-20-2014, 12:36 PM
I played this quite a bit on my holiday this weekend; that may sound a little misleading though - I sunk about an hour in and made it past the first two levels. It's challenging, that's for sure!

I absolutely love it though, I thought I'd be put off by the tilt controls but they're absolutely fine; if anything, they add to the gameplay with a little tactile essence. It also looks gorgeous and the payment scheme is to be commended so it's hard to fault!

It's in my GotW roundup without a doubt, hugely underrated. Cheers for your impressions Robin/P1XL, it really deserves the love!