★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is there any way to get more pages on my iphone 3GS ?

10-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Is there any way to get more pages on my iphone 3GS ?

I have may apps and don't want to have to erase one when I get a new one.
10-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
I have may apps and don't want to have to erase one when I get a new one.
you should be able to glitch yourself new pages as needed...that's what i do on my iphone 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

10-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
you should be able to glitch yourself new pages as needed...that's what i do on my iphone 3G
What do you mean by glitch ? and why would they not just give unlimited pages ? Would it slow things down having too may apps installed ?
10-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
What do you mean by glitch ? and why would they not just give unlimited pages ? Would it slow things down having too may apps installed ?
I currently have about 21 pages of apps taking up a little over 5gb on my phone with about 4gb free...i don't understand why we are limited in pages either. I can see a limit to keep a certain amount of memory free but that should just be based on memory occupied versus number installed.

Anyway to glitch pages, you need to move your voice recorder icon to your last page and it should be the last icon to go there. You need to have your first page of icons filled so put something there to make it full. It doesn't matter how empty the other pages are as long as they are occupied with something.

Now move your ipod icon from the bottom bar up to the left of the voice recorder icon so it is pushed to the right into the next page and you can't see it anymore. Now reboot your phone and you should have a nice new page empty of icons except for 1.

Quote:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
10-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Quote:
I currently have about 21 pages of apps taking up a little over 5gb on my phone with about 4gb free...i don't understand why we are limited in pages either. I can see a limit to keep a certain amount of memory free but that should just be based on memory occupied versus number installed.

Anyway to glitch pages, you need to move your voice recorder icon to your last page and it should be the last icon to go there. You need to have your first page of icons filled so put something there to make it full. It doesn't matter how empty the other pages are as long as they are occupied with something.

Now move your ipod icon from the bottom bar up to the left of the voice recorder icon so it is pushed to the right into the next page and you can't see it anymore. Now reboot your phone and you should have a nice new page empty of icons except for 1.
does it harm your ipod in any way cos i really don't wanna break it

Plus+ id: Fudgeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I find DG incredibly sexy, just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
You scare me, you honestly scare me
10-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgeboy View Post
does it harm your ipod in any way cos i really don't wanna break it
No its okay, I have the same ipod as you.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Yeah this trick is fine. I have 14 pages, it sucks though I can't use the itunes organizer or the applications page to add and remove games or it message up your pages.
10-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Yeah this trick is fine. I have 14 pages, it sucks though I can't use the itunes organizer or the applications page to add and remove games or it message up your pages.
yup, that's the only downside...would love to be able to use that to rearrange stuff

c'mon apple...make things more user friendly

Quote:
Quote:
10-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Or you could just jailbreak and install categories - it makes the springboard look much nicer imho

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
10-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Quote:

i have been looking for answer for this matter, however, i have ipod touch 2nd gen and os 3.0. i don't think i have an ipod icon on the bottom bar. i only have safari, music, videos and app store. so how do i do?

edit: nvm, i got it, thanks for the tips

Last edited by bone.rate; 10-17-2009 at 02:21 PM.