★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Random Act of Generosity

02-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Random Act of Generosity

I was feeling generous yesterday so I decided to gift Phoenix Wright to someone, cause it's that good, and it's only .99 right now. Unfortunately, the only person that that replied correctly didn't want to give out their email because of privacy concerns, which I understand.

So, I've decided to make this thread for anyone to gift a game they feel people need to play. Obviously not everyone likes buying other people things, for nothing in return, but I figure this is a good way for people who happen to feel generous to do so, if they so choose.

Instead of just gifting it to the first person to reply, I'm gonna have a question or riddle or hidden message, or something like that that people have to figure out first.

The whole point is just to let someone play a game you think is great, so if you don't want to participate, leave the thread now

That being said, I'd encourage you to gift a game to someone else, especially if someone gifts one to you. The devs get sales, and we get great games, it's a win win.

No requesting games, no arguing, and if you offer a game, make sure you can follow through with it. Also, just to be fair to people who can't lurk all day, every one can only win once a day, for now. Might change to once every two days or so depending on how many people actually participate.

For people gifting, post the country your in so people know if they can actually redeem your gift. For people winning, make sure your comfortable with giving out your email address in a pm.

I'll start out with Phoenix Wright- USA
First person to tell me the number 100 in binary gets it!

Mods, move this to the giveaway section if you want, I didn't post it there cause it's not a promo code giveaway.

Last edited by Paradiso; 02-11-2011 at 11:28 AM.
02-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Great idea, pay it forward!

Is the answer 1100100

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride

02-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
Great idea, pay it forward!

Is the answer 1100100
That's right, pm me your account email and name

It's up to $4.99 right now, but I'll gift it anyways lol
02-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Nice idea, this thread.

Btw, "gift" in German means "poison" and it sounds like you wanna murder people...

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Very cool idea. Can you gift ANY app in the AppStore, or is it only limited to some?
02-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Sun View Post
I'll gift aralon to the person with the best reasoning of why they deserve it.
I got fired the week before Xmas, making it the worst xmas ever. Haven't had the money or a chance to play the greatness every one says Aralon is.

On a side note I will gift out a $.99 app for whoever can produce The COMPLETE lineage of Goku from Dragon ball. From grandfather all the way down to childrens childrens children....

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!

Last edited by nesio718; 02-11-2011 at 12:18 PM.
02-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8equalsd View Post
Very cool idea. Can you gift ANY app in the AppStore, or is it only limited to some?
Should be all of them, there's a little button up in the corner that says "gift this app."

You'll need a persons name and the email address associated with their iTunes account, but that's it, you just follow the steps.
02-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiso View Post
Should be all of them, there's a little button up in the corner that says "gift this app."

You'll need a persons name and the email address associated with their iTunes account, but that's it, you just follow the steps.
OK cool.
02-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Nice idea... No one seems to be saying their country though!

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.
02-11-2011, 12:55 PM
I feel as though I need to play Bug Heroes but have no job nor money. This is not an act of beggory, just a wish that I'm throwin out there. Wish I had money to gift an app to someone to be nice