What apps are you still waiting (hoping) for to go on sale?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, Dec 21, 2013.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    With the barrage of fantastic sales we've seen over the past few days, are there a few 'special' ones which haven't quite come down in price yet?

For me:

- Oceanhorn... fingers crossed
    - Duet (been on my wishlist for a while)
    - Fifa'14's in-app unlock
    - Lords of Waterdeep
    - Stone Age
    - Anything Kairosoft :p

2. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    How much longer until the lockdown? I thought it was already supposed to have happened..
    As it's 12am in the USA.

If these go on sale I'll get them:

Apps
    Facetune
    Photoshop
    Foxtuber pro
    Soundhound pro

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #3 Exact-Psience, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    I admit Oceanhorn's price range is a bit high-end, but it is worth it. Having said that, it is not an easy recommendation for everyone because of the price tag.

Duet on the other hand, is a must buy at full price of $2.99. Three random 1-dollar-apps are nowhere near what you can get for your $3 in Duet. A sale would be great for those waiting for it, but i'd highly recommend picking it up asap. :)

As for me, i've been waiting for Eternal Legacy HD to go on sale. I dont care how much it'll drop, i'll buy it just not at full price. LOL. Actually i've played and finished the SD version a long time ago in late 2011 when i only had an ipod touch 4th, and i dont really have intentions of playing it again on the ipad, but i do want it for my collection. :p

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Agree with EP about duet being worth the full price.

I don't really have anything I'm hoping for, I tend to get most of the stuff that really interests me at launch or not long after. I've got a few things on my watchlist but that more as a reminder to myself to go back and buy once I've played the stuff I've already got.

I missed sword and sorcery when it was free for the five year anniversary as I didn't think I'd like it, now I want it lol so I'll prob pick it up now.

5. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011

Having spent 55 dollars this week alone on "discounted apps", i'm torn over hitting the BUY button for Oceanhorn. X-Com is another one, even after the 50% off sale (debating whether i'll really play it even later on, since i've already played through the PC iteration). But yeah, that itch remains :p

Hell, i've spent more time playing Colossatron than any of the other pricier titles so far :p

6. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    I thought that Big Fish might be having a sale, but I guess there won't be one from them this season.

It may be a blessing in disguise anyway, since my device is seriously cramped, space wise.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    It's depressing people wanting a sale. Buy the games full price then we stand a better chance of getting sequels to these great cheap games

8. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    I'm sure Cornfox would actually benefit more in terms of sales volume by holding a temporarily sale. Even if for psychological reasons, dropping the price by 2-3 dollars would turn quite a few heads or put people over the proverbial fence.

Regardless of whether there's a sale or not, I'll dive in and buy Oceanhorn anyways once the lockdown is in effect (which i'm still unclear on, btw)... when do prices freeze?

9. GKDAIR

GKDAIR Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Oceanhorn is roughly the same cost as a combo meal from any fast food restaurant, if you cannot afford that, then you shouldn't own an i-device.

Sorry, but it's true. Just working an hour at minimum wage would pay off the game.

10. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    Doesn't the same logic apply to any other game? Why have sales at all then, or why do people complain if they buy a game at full price and see it drop down a day later?

I'm all for supporting devs by paying full price; people KNOW that most devs will drop their prices during this season and hence with that knowledge, comes a slight hope that they game people want will specifically drop in price as well. It's not so much about affordability than it is about a feel good factor deep down inside :p People enjoy a good sale; hell, I bought Lego Star Wars for 5 dollars less than full price and it felt pretty damn swell :eek:

11. nuno2k

nuno2k Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    portugal
    the two monkey island HD

12. GKDAIR

GKDAIR Member

Apr 20, 2013
    You're not really debating my point though, if that's what you are trying to do.

I myself knew Kotor was most likely going down in price for christmas, so I waited until it went down in price so I didn't waste money.

Star Wars is currently having a sale for 5 bucks off, but the 5 bucks off did not influence my decision to get it. I would have gotten if it was full price.

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I'd love to see GTA:SA, Gangsta: Vegas, LEGO LOTR, and Ravensword 2 on sale. Regretfully, I missed Ravensword 2 last time.

14. cryformercy

cryformercy Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2013
    ad
    Since the sale is coming, it's appropriate to wait a few days, isn't it?

15. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I'm surprised CAVE didn't have a Christmas sale. They had one in 2012 and 2011 (they only had a couple games in 2010). I hope that doesn't mean they are no longer paying attention to the AppStore...

16. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013

I was hoping to see death smiles and bug panic go on sale. The only reason I haven't grabbed them already is because the display is not optimized for ipad.

17. Both are must have games even on ipads 2x.

Hope cave games get ios 7 joystick and icade support in the future.

Merry xmas even without them, somedumbgamer!

18. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Thanks Connector and a merry Xmas to you too!

I've been giving myself lots of great games the last couple days and am so tempted to pick up them both, or at least bug panic as I'm intrigued to see what cave does with a dual stick shooter.

Thanks for all your impressions on games, especially the schmups! Shooting stuff never gets old. You should look me up on GC, if ya want...same id.

19. kikemenendez

kikemenendez Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Puerto Rico
    Atonte Age

20. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Infinity blade 3