★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-13-2013, 10:21 AM
For those of you wondering about viewing other players' tiles, just tap on your name at the top right of the screen.
12-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Installed size?

12-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipadisgreat View Post
installed size?
56.4 mb
12-13-2013, 11:43 AM
I know it's been mentioned, but wow, the ui & presentation are incredibly well done. I have almost every iOS board game & this is one of the best conversions. Like most tutorials, it demonstrates the mechanics of the game, but none of the strategy. Thats where the forums at BGG come in. Really looking forward to getting into this.
12-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Played another game of pass and play with the AI Ted and made it to round 12 then the AI froze and wouldn't make a move. I could still access the move log and info button, so the game wasn't froze like I thought before.
12-13-2013, 12:49 PM
All the comments about the game freezing up are preventing me from hitting the buy button.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
12-13-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
All the comments about the game freezing up are preventing me from hitting the buy button.
The single player campaign and online multiplayer seem to be working fine and the dev has been here and said they are working on a fix for the pass and play. So I would not be too hesitant to buy this, in fact I still would have bought this even if I knew ahead of time I was going to have this problem. I am confident the developer will fix the pass and play and this will be one of my top 5 favorite board games on iOS.

Last edited by ojtitus; 12-13-2013 at 01:26 PM.
12-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaher View Post
For those of you wondering about viewing other players' tiles, just tap on your name at the top right of the screen.
Thanks for that! I clicked a bunch of places but not there.

I just finished a game against the Doug AI without a crash. Still no crashes so far
12-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Very slick presentation but have to admit even after viewing the tutorial twice and making a stab at the first city of the single player campaign, I'm still a little fuzzy on the inner workings. Like the game will brilliantly show me all of the city stat changes that will result in placing tile x at location y, but at this point why half of those stat changes are resulting from this potential placement isn't clear.

Also worth clarifying, much like Carcassone and Agricola, realize that when they speak of the single player campaign, they don't mean you vs. AI opponents but truly you vs. the environment. A nice way to learn basic mechanics but nothing about dealing with real opponents. The game does have AI opponents, they're just not part of the campaign (or maybe they're brought into later cities, but I doubt it).

Lastly I love the idea of the public and private goals, some of which are clearly encouraging poor play (like end the game with the lowest income). I love the idea of trying to win the game while also trying to be the biggest loser as well in a certain category.
Thanks LordGek! As always you are an asset! I may have to grab this later today! I'm a sucker for boardgames!
12-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Still struggling to finish my first solo game -- stupid enough to forgot to link the last university!

No crash so far -- last iOS7, 3rd gen iPad 32GB

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)