★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-20-2017, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jForsythe View Post
I wish somebody would bring dwarf fortress out on iOS. What would be the closest we have for the iPad ATM.?
I have CataclysmDDA and Brogue which both are pretty good.

p.s. Ohh forgot to say while on this version we get to choose if we want male or female while on PS4 you can't, don't know about the pc I'm guessing yes and liking the insane prisoners with the whole padded walls and all.
Wonder how long till we get it for iOS.

There is a dwarf fortress remote app. It's actually easier to play than it is on a pc.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com/portfolio.html
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
06-20-2017, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickzy View Post
It should be explained, but if not, I believe you need to build A few more capacitors, turn the thing off and then turn the thing on .
I put a few more capacitors by the power station but nothing new happened.

06-20-2017, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickzy View Post
Thanks for clarifying and you're totally right. The following are devices that are supported by the game but won't be supported by iOS 11:

iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi
iPad23G-iPad23G
iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen
iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G
iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen
iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G
iPadMini-iPadMini
iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G

I buy iPads pretty frequently and use it as a gaming device. It's a shame that people don't get more miles out of them from a gaming perspective before they turn into... well, take your pick?

Expensive photo display. Encumbered camera. Kindle. Web browser. Etc.

At the end of the day, I don't think companies need to reverse engineer compatibility forever but it would Be nice (and apprexiated) for others that don't update their devices as frequently.
Eh my 2-yr-old(?) iPad Air 2 is still going strong, while my stupid laptop I spent even more on has been having problems since it was only a few months old. And I use the PC far less than I use my iPad.
06-20-2017, 10:08 PM
Ok I figured out the tutorial. I am in the next scenario, where after the fire my whole prison is in the dark. Not sure why it's practically pitch black unless I move to utility mode. Tried adding a light here and there and doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? I wish they had a better help system. Thanks.
06-20-2017, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmoonlightcafe View Post
Ok I figured out the tutorial. I am in the next scenario, where after the fire my whole prison is in the dark. Not sure why it's practically pitch black unless I move to utility mode. Tried adding a light here and there and doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? I wish they had a better help system. Thanks.
I think you have to connect the lights to the electrical grid via cables for them to work. Not directly connected, but around the same area. Hope this helps.
06-21-2017, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronBeagle View Post
I think you have to connect the lights to the electrical grid via cables for them to work. Not directly connected, but around the same area. Hope this helps.
Alright, let me try that, thanks. The entire scene with the boss and his sons(?) were played in pitch black except for the polaroids...lol
06-21-2017, 09:18 AM
I never liked sims game
Sim city, tycoon etc
Will i like this one?played the trial version and it's great
Will the sandbox mode will be very complicated?
I'm on the fence on pushing the 14.99 button 😅
06-21-2017, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmad View Post
I never liked sims game
Sim city, tycoon etc
Will i like this one?played the trial version and it's great
Will the sandbox mode will be very complicated?
I'm on the fence on pushing the 14.99 button 😅
Probably best to check some YouTube play throughs to check if you don't like Sims
06-29-2017, 07:57 AM
Is anyone still having problems with it crashing wen tryin to load? I'm playing on an iPad Air 2