★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-21-2017, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcemajeure View Post
Great game! Level 58 is really hard to beat!
You probably beat lv 58 already, but Nico (unlocked early, 1st characters page) helped me through many levels/sections.

My favorite right now is Nancy (unlocked after beating boss lv 75), she helps me a lot in hard mode...so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1938.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	114208  

My 2017 GOTY contenders...
Glitchskier, Slayaway Camp, Full of Stars, Steredenn, Arkanoid vs Space Invaders
05-21-2017, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
You probably beat lv 58 already, but Nico (unlocked early, 1st characters page) helped me through many levels/sections.

My favorite right now is Nancy (unlocked after beating boss lv 75), she helps me a lot in hard mode...so far.
You right already beated lvl 58! Thanks for the tips.

05-21-2017, 09:25 AM
The huge fun and challenge that i have let me put this pearl into my GOTY contenders. Congrats!

Two little helpful tips, maybe...
- Ranking mode with skill on, besides knowing more and more enemies/shots patterns and getting better game by game, the Ninja skill (unlocked at lv 60 or 45 already?) improved my highscore from under 400k to over 950k.
- Grinding some extra coins for powerups is best done with boss fights, min. 500+ coins.

Two minus/missing points...
- The replay should be directly and therefor way faster.
- Overall Silver + Gold medal leaderboards. Replay fun would grow even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcemajeure View Post
You right already beated lvl 58! Thanks for the tips.
Congrats and you're welcome.

My 2017 GOTY contenders...
Glitchskier, Slayaway Camp, Full of Stars, Steredenn, Arkanoid vs Space Invaders
05-21-2017, 04:20 PM
Great game and nice seeing some of you on the leaderboards. Last night I seen AndyC8 on top
07-04-2017, 08:46 AM
1st achievement- Tap 10 Nadia Icons

Does anyone know how to get this achievement? I'm up to level 100 on the "hard" mode and have 39 characters unlocked, but I have no idea how to get this one.
09-20-2017, 09:51 AM
The game seems okay (super easy to start off with), but I am not enjoying it as much as I usually enjoy brick breaker type games because I am so focussed on the lower half of the screen, trying to reflect all the bullets, that I literally lose sight of most of what is going on above. Part of the fun of this type of game is to aim your paddle to hit the blocks - but I am only able to vary my shot and hope it hits something as it bounces around.

Unless I just don't need to hit all the bullets.?... Can anyone tell me how many shots you can miss before you lose, or does that even matter? Maybe I am playing it all wrong.
09-20-2017, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grizzly View Post
The game seems okay (super easy to start off with), but I am not enjoying it as much as I usually enjoy brick breaker type games because I am so focussed on the lower half of the screen, trying to reflect all the bullets, that I literally lose sight of most of what is going on above. Part of the fun of this type of game is to aim your paddle to hit the blocks - but I am only able to vary my shot and hope it hits something as it bounces around.

Unless I just don't need to hit all the bullets.?... Can anyone tell me how many shots you can miss before you lose, or does that even matter? Maybe I am playing it all wrong.
If I remember correctly, in normal mode, you can miss as many bullets as you like. I think there are penalties in hard mode, but I didn't play many levels on hard - just enough to get the medal.

I recommend sticking with the game, though. The further you get, the more important that strategic shot placement becomes. The second two-thirds are also considerably more enjoyable than the first. Definitely one of my favourite iOS games of 2017.

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag, Death Road to Canada, Spaceplan, Arkanoid vs Space Invaders
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589
09-20-2017, 07:47 PM
Cool. Thanks. It will be much more enjoyable if I don't have to worry about catching/reflecting all the enemy fire.
09-27-2017, 07:41 AM
Help with Japanese phrases

Hello. I have started learning basic Japanese but I cant workout what the character says at the end of each level. Can someone post the key phrases that are used in this game? Thanks.