★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Indeed it's legit. The second one was even better with the ability to go on foot but this is quite impressive for a mobile title. And the fact that you control lots of units with commands means that it's not a game that works with a controller indeed. Still, would have loved something more "mobile friendly" like Evil Genius.
You could go on foot in the first one too! The new thing for BZ2 was that you could enter some buildings while on foot.

I can't imagine having fun playing this game with a touch screen.
07-07-2017, 08:58 PM
So I just picked this up... 100% worth it. The controls are fine (just lower the sensitivity). Once you're used to it you can play with almost the same level of control as you could with a mouse. Mifi support would be amazing, but considering how the menus work it'd be a tough job to get things working quickly from a gamepad.

The one thing I will say is that there are a number of control schemes, but many seem to do the same thing as the others, with no explanation of what the subtle differences are. That said, the defaults are almost perfect.

07-07-2017, 09:08 PM
What can anyone recommend for this game. It looks cool.
07-07-2017, 09:16 PM
A brain?

What kind of recommendation do you want?
07-08-2017, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlax View Post
What can anyone recommend for this game. It looks cool.
I'm waiting for more impressions about it too, if that's what you mean
Especially because it has one and a half star here on TA, without any of these "reviewers" to explain what they dislike about this game
07-08-2017, 03:53 AM
I just mentioned my impressions... it's an awesome game. The learning curve can be a bit steep (you have to stick with it) but once things click, you'll have a blast with it. It's a story driven rts game with a crazy large amount of depth. There's also a ton of content.

There's a reason it's been popular since 1998 and has now been ported to many systems...

My only negative so far is the save system. It doesn't auto save, and there's a bug where if you save at the end of a mission (you can save any time) it doesn't save the next mission you do. You have to remember to save at the start of every mission. But that's been reported to the devs...
07-13-2017, 02:23 PM
This game a has good ratings on steam so I don't get the drop off here on iOS.
07-13-2017, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlax View Post
This game a has good ratings on steam so I don't get the drop off here on iOS.
Steam users see 9.99 as fairly cheap. AppStore shoppers see 9.99 as a second mortgage (grossly exaggerating but you guys know what I mean). the different mindset skews opinions heavily no matter how amazing the game is. If we got a persona 5 port to AppStore for 15 bucks the majority will complain it costs too much. And then spend 50 bucks on gems in some f2p game (over time).
07-13-2017, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derprozess View Post
I'm waiting for more impressions about it too, if that's what you mean
Especially because it has one and a half star here on TA, without any of these "reviewers" to explain what they dislike about this game
The only review you need is how the touch controls work, because that will make or break this port. It is an amazing game, a hybrid of RTS and third person vehicle combat, with a retro Cold War setting. One of my absolute favorites of that generation of PC games, but I admit I'm nervous about trying to stay on top of the chaos without a keyboard and mouse. If I didn't already have the Steam release, I'd TOFTT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
Steam users see 9.99 as fairly cheap. AppStore shoppers see 9.99 as a second mortgage...
You get a gold star, sir. It's what infuriates me most about these forums.

Last edited by Saucepolicy; 07-13-2017 at 10:05 PM.
10-06-2017, 11:15 PM
Shame this game dropped off the face of the forum so quickly. I would've thought more people would enjoy a full game with no iap.