Exiles: Far Colony - Sci Fi Action RPG by Crescent Moon Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    6 plus optomized? Thanks for answering btw.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im instabuying this for my ipad air, but i'll test it out with my 4S and let you know the result.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks to both. I'll be closely following the thread when the game releases :)

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I soooooo cant wait for this to release later. I hope there wont be any delays.

5. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    You and me both man!

6. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Im very excited as well. It is tomorrow correct?

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Yes.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    About 10 hours on my appstore. Hopefully it's available for purchase when i wake up as im getting ready to sleep.

9. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    What time is the U.S. release? 11 p.m?

10. magicfreak

magicfreak Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Research /GamingSoon @AppAdvice.com
  11. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
  12. MarleySage

MarleySage Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Game isn't fun

13. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Wow, that is some insightful stuff, you should blog... Details maybe?

14. BackupHero

BackupHero Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Jade City, BC, Canada
    I'm a bit suprised at the negative reactions. But even so, I believe that this game can get better. I'll be downloading this as soon as it hits Canada.

15. Pfloydrokr21

Pfloydrokr21 Active Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Exactly. They have updated Android's version constantly since it dropped in December.
    Still looking forward to this.

16. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
  17. MarleySage

MarleySage Member

Jan 13, 2015
    It would be a very blunt blog, although I'm sure that handle has already been taken... On the game; very late 2013 graphics, low resolution textures here & there, shadow & lighting issues and Dynamic lighting only in some areas. On the audio aspects, no soundtrack or music to be heard of, which is disappointing as music definitely adds to any Sci-Fi experience, (Imagine Star Wars without John Williams). Also regarding the audio, only some dialogue is voiced, which is disappointing to say the least, especially since characters do initially have a voice but then seem to lose it when the dialogue begins to reveal actual details. From the gameplay perspective, I am disappointed in the crippling controls & weapon aiming yet amazed by the vast open landscape your put into. Honestly, to elaborate some more on the size, it is comparable to borderlands size! But with this huge landscape also comes a mass amount of Fog & Pop-in objects. I figured that with how mediocre the graphics were in game, I'd at least be able to see the Landscape beyond the tightly enclosed wall of fog. To revisit the controls, Shooting a weapon is a daunting task, even more so when Mfi controllers have not been utilized at all. I had to rely on the Auto Aim setting implemented to take down the many "Peace Bots" I encountered. Oh and about the enemies, specifically the bots previously mentioned, a fight with one takes roughly 30 seconds. Not too long for a shoot out but when your faced with 15-20 in a single mission, it becomes repetitive and pretty lame to say the least.

To sum it all up, the game lacks charm, polish & Quality but I'm sure that quite a few people will enjoy. The game is a first for iOS, an open world RPG set in a science fiction world, very cool. And the toggle between first & third person is very neat! Other than that there's not much else good I can say about this game.

18. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    No soundtrack and voices? Man, I marry music to video for a living as well as doing quite a bit of voice acting and voice-over work. I would have gladly helped on that front! Seriously.

But I'll be picking it up. I've loved the Ravensword games and Aralon. Great third-person experiences and with a premium price tag. Have to support that. Maybe I can help with the music and voices later. ;)