Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
Thanks Scott, PM sent
No problem. PM'd ya.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:33 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Thank you Sott! PM'ed you again, lol
Old 03-16-2014, 03:56 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Oh man! The Tank Battle series is one of the best TBS series on iOS. I really should finish the other ones (and I'll try) but I have a feeling that by tonight this will be in my purchased history
Old 03-16-2014, 05:10 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
Oh man! The Tank Battle series is one of the best TBS series on iOS. I really should finish the other ones (and I'll try) but I have a feeling that by tonight this will be in my purchased history
Agreed. Personally I'm a fan for it's universal support which is hard to come by with strategy war games. They generally favor the iPad. But also the ever improving game play that exist in each Tank Battle game. What's really neat about the new series, East Front is that they've started to collaborate with The Lordz Game Studio who developed Panzer Corps. I believe they did all the new tank models in game. My favorite new feature is the combat analysis pop-up. It gives you a quick overview of what to expect when attacking an enemy unit.

I can say TB: East Front 41 is the best yet in the series. (Haven't played EF 42 yet) For $2 - it's a solid value.

I still wish they'd add a general skirmish mode/map. They could add MP too with such a feature. Right now, it's just single player, objective based.

Edit: It does have 2 player Pass and Play.

Last edited by ScotDamn; 03-16-2014 at 05:35 PM..
Old 03-17-2014, 06:46 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

At first, I thought that Tank Battle: East Front 1941 would just be an expansion release cash in since it is based on Tank Battle: North Africa. Nevertheless, I bought it as I enjoyed both the previous Tabk Battle games. So I played a few of the tutorial missions and it is the same old thing.

A few days later Tank Battle: East Front 1942 was released, so bought it too, then I started wondering why it wasn't just an IAP expansion, so I went back to 1941 and played its campaign mission for the first time...

It feels very different from the prior Tank Battle scenarios. If the rest of the series is like that, count me in...
Old 03-17-2014, 09:23 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I can agree with ScotDamn, best in the series! This game has improved on 1944 and West Africa (IMHO). Battles seem to flow better, and enemies seem make more strategic choices. Highly recommended if you like their WWII series.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:35 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
At first, I thought that Tank Battle: East Front 1941 would just be an expansion release cash in since it is based on Tank Battle: North Africa. Nevertheless, I bought it as I enjoyed both the previous Tabk Battle games. So I played a few of the tutorial missions and it is the same old thing.

A few days later Tank Battle: East Front 1942 was released, so bought it too, then I started wondering why it wasn't just an IAP expansion, so I went back to 1941 and played its campaign mission for the first time...

It feels very different from the prior Tank Battle scenarios. If the rest of the series is like that, count me in...
Yeah the East Front series is definitely different more evolved than the previous Tank Battles.

I forgot to mention that to turn on the Combat Analysis option, you just tap the "i" in the upper right part of the screen under the flag. Touch on the pop-up to get an explanation.

Each consecutive East Front title is the same game engine, but just added campaigns. I believe they did this to avoid having IAP in the game for additional content since a lot of people hate IAP or avoid buying games with IAP (even though content IAP should be perfectly acceptable since it's essentially DLC or expansions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
I can agree with ScotDamn, best in the series! This game has improved on 1944 and West Africa (IMHO). Battles seem to flow better, and enemies seem make more strategic choices. Highly recommended if you like their WWII series.
Awesome, I'm glad you like it man. Definitely liking '42 myself. Like I said above, it's basically additional campaign missions, so naturally I'm enjoying it. I'll try to leave some more detailed impressions in the 42 thread once I log some more time.