Universal New Star Soccer (by New Star Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pjft, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Im at 5th season and joined Newcastle at SR8. None of the big teams showed any interest though :(

2. doveyy04

doveyy04 Member

Apr 22, 2012
    You don't need to buy bux to progress on this game, if anything the bux available to buy is a waste of money as once u progress a bit in the game the amount of money you can buy is easily earned in the space of a couple of matches, also it's more of a challenge without buying buxs as you truely start from the bottom then spending your bux wisely to make progress, buying bux is just cheating in my opinion on this game. Enjoy... You won't regret it

3. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Yes, I'll support all that has been said. In fact, I've played this on Android, where there's no bux IAP option - it's just 2,49€ for the full game. The game is exactly the same, and it doesn't really become a grind fest. You'll have to carefully balance where to focus, but it's true, if you do things reasonably you can expect to have a fun game and enjoy it to the most.

Of course, if you're focused on maxing out your player after season 2, you'll be screaming insults because you're requiring way too many energy drinks to replenish your energy, but if you do that, you're really doing it wrong :)

Take your time and enjoy it. I believe I maxed out my player stats and lifestyle after 6-8 seasons, I believe.

As for the top league teams, I can't really tell. If I recall correctly, I started in Portugal D2, played there for 2 seasons, then went to D1, switched club, another season went by, then another club picked me up, played 2-3 seasons, new club in Portugal D1, 2-3 more seasons, then went on to France, maybe?

I found a screenshot of mine where I was Star Level 21, age 26 in Man U. I believe I was there for a couple of seasons only, so aim there.

4. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    OK decided to buy the career mode and played through about 30 matches. My initial impression is that this has to be the stupidest game I might have ever played, with the silliest representation of football I ever experienced. I'm ashamed to have people catch me playing it. But here's the thing: why the heck am I enjoying myself so much?? For some odd reason, it's just such a delightful little "feel good" type game :) strange, very very strange.

5. doveyy04

doveyy04 Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Some people try to look to deep into a game and want it to be exactly like real life and unfortunately spoil it for themselves. It's not perfect this game no way but it's superb playability and although simple in graphics and gameplay it works. Hope you continue playing as national competitions etc are brilliant as is banging 79 goals in a season #

6. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

I like much new ground pass ball physic in latest update. Thank's to developer.

7. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I think I should get back to this game :) I really loved it and played a lot of seasons. Lots of fun!

8. Greystone28

Greystone28 Member

May 7, 2012
    It took me 7 seasons, though I think I made a mistake. I started out in the lower divisions in England and then moved to a top side in the Netherlands where I got "stuck" for four years. I'm not sure if I encountered a bug (got my move to English Premier after I did a system reset, not sure if it was a coincidence).

I understand your career opportunities are driven by your star level - if you play in a country with less league games and cup competitions over a season then you will play less games and I imagine have less opportunities to progress.

I got my move at star level 16, and once in the league my star rating rose rapidly as my team mates got me more scoring opportunities, and also turned more of my passes into assists!

9. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    hmmm
    cant get a itunes card currently and you cant gift iAP, can you?

i think i gotta wait a few weeks til i can finally play it´s full version :(

10. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Daft question of the day:

How do you best curl free kicks, still in my first season, only thing I struggle with is free kicks.

11. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hmm... So, I believe there's a skill that helps you better curl your passes and shots - technique, I believe. That - and a good balance of power - will allow you to do nice curl shots. You can curl your shots by tapping on the side of the ball, but it won't be very effective - or precise - with low skills.

As such, my initial recommendation will be to shoot them straight, chipping them over the wall. Not as pretty, but effective while you don't have enough skills to try to bend them.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers,
    Paulo

12. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    And that's the best answer. In my opinion, curving the ball doesn't have sense. There is a smaller chance of scoring a goal with a curve than just kicking it straight over the wall...

13. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    In case you don't follow the developer's Twitter account, here's what we can expect in the next update:

http://pockettactics.com/2012/06/25/new-star-soccer-update-crossing/

I'll also add that he's working on a horse-racing add-on for this update, so it will take a couple more days than expected. I'd expect it to be similar to the desktop version, though I never played the horse-racing events. Anyone with experience?

Also, there's a new feature which is missing from the change log, but that takes the game one step further, which is "Ball Control". Essentially, if you buy some of the new top-tier boots, you can stop the ball, and then take the shot/pass.

https://twitter.com/newstargames/status/215552455151321089/photo/1

It's super cool.

You can currently try out most of these features - crossing, corners, rebounds, post-match interviews and ball control - in the online Flash beta version here:

http://www.newstarsoccer.com/nssmobile.php

Hope this gets you excited for the update - it certainly got me, especially after trying out the online beta!

Cheers,
    Paulo

14. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Does anyone know if the new update was submitted to Apple? Really excited for it!

15. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I believe it has been submitted yesterday, so it's just a matter of days until it hits!

16. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow the update out.

And it's great.
    I really still can't believe how cool this game is. For someone like me who has zero interest in football, it's quite a miracle that this has stayed on my iPod since day one and it just keeps getting better and better.
    The new corners and free kicks are a great addition.

17. spooky23

Jun 30, 2011
    Disappeared from UK app store. I guess this happens when games get updated?

18. mattyduk

mattyduk Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    cant see the update in the UK store :(

19. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I hear there's a been a problem with the shop in the update and it's had to be pulled while a fix is made. :(

20. spooky23

Jun 30, 2011
    That appears to be the case.

Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon :)