Universal bit bit blocks - cute and frantic competitive puzzler (single-device multiplayer!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by saiato, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saiato

saiato Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Indie game developer
    Los Angeles
    #1 saiato, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Edit: bit bit blocks is now available in the App Store! I've set up a Distribute() page for any press looking to get a copy :)

Hey all! I've been working on bit bit blocks for a while now and it's finally coming out in November. So here is my long overdue Touch Arcade post! I did a Touch Arcade interview about the game with Eli at GDC back in March if you'd like a video overview, but the game has come a long way since then ;)

[​IMG]

bit bit blocks is a cute and frantic competitive puzzler. The game focuses on single screen multiplayer, so two people can play together on a single device.

[​IMG]

The core gameplay revolves around creating groups and sending them to your opponent, creating a sort of puzzle volley. Sending a group kicks the red marker in the center and the object is to kick it all the way into your opponent's goal. There is an additional play mode, but I'll get into that another time.

[​IMG]

There is single player gameplay as well. You can choose between challenging a computer opponent of different difficulties to a match, or playing the endless survival mode. Survival mode has a tetris-like feel to it where blocks fall infinitely and you need to prevent your screen from filling up by matching groups to clear the board.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feature breakdown
    • • head-to-head single device multiplayer
    • • two rulesets for unique styles of play
    • • single player gameplay against a computer opponent - challenge yourself to higher difficulties!
    • • endless "survival" single player mode for high-score chasers
    • • many color palettes to choose from
    • • scales between phone and tablet
    • • expressive blocks that make faces like [ º u º ]

I’m super excited to be sharing this with you. Looking forward to playing together! ( = u = )v

[​IMG]

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looks.ike a cool gane to connect people

3. saiato

saiato Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Indie game developer
    Los Angeles
    With the game coming out in the next week or so, we've posted an official trailer!

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #4 vectorarchitekt, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Cool. Will definitely play this with my wife.
    Will it be iPad only?
    Edit: I see the interview header says iPad.
    So, is there a chance of an iPhone single player version? Because that mode looks cool enough by itself.

5. saiato

saiato Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Indie game developer
    Los Angeles
    I know I need to find a better way to convey this in the marketing headlines, haha.
    But yes, bit bit blocks will be available for all iOS devices (it scales for phone) and will feature multiplayer and single player modes.

6. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Great!
    Will definitely be downloading.

7. saiato

saiato Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Indie game developer
    Los Angeles
    We have an official release date! bit bit blocks will be coming to iOS tomorrow, November 12!!

I've updated the press kit for anyone looking for more info, and have set up a Distribute() page for any press looking to get a copy. Updating the original post as well.

8. saiato

saiato Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Indie game developer
    Los Angeles