Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #311  
Old 11-24-2013, 04:46 PM
psj3809 psj3809 is offline
Moderator
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,099
Default

Think everyone has to stop panicking everytime theres an update on Dropbox. They wont suddenly stop people uploading zip or smc files so stop worrying !

Still like this emulator, but yeah its a huge shame the save files dont seem to last long and eventually disappear. Because of that i just use the app for a few 'trip down memory lane' plays of games.
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 11-24-2013, 06:58 PM
macatron macatron is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Think everyone has to stop panicking everytime theres an update on Dropbox. They wont suddenly stop people uploading zip or smc files so stop worrying !

Still like this emulator, but yeah its a huge shame the save files dont seem to last long and eventually disappear. Because of that i just use the app for a few 'trip down memory lane' plays of games.
Yup, that's pretty much all I use it for as well.
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 11-24-2013, 08:19 PM
waro waro is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4
Default

I've found that if I leave the app open I can play without losing A save. I played earthbound from start to finish with no issue and am working through star ocean now and I'm like 14 hours in or so
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 11-25-2013, 02:13 AM
VirtualBoyFreak VirtualBoyFreak is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waro View Post
I've found that if I leave the app open I can play without losing A save. I played earthbound from start to finish with no issue and am working through star ocean now and I'm like 14 hours in or so
So your solution is to have the app open for weeks? You must be joking...
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 11-25-2013, 02:59 AM
bigred447uk bigred447uk is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
So your solution is to have the app open for weeks? You must be joking...
No I think they are serious. I used the same method for a playthrough of A Link to the Past recently.

Also I am finding Starfox / Starwing to be surprisingly playable with these touch controls. Very enjoyable.
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 11-25-2013, 03:14 AM
yellowknife yellowknife is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 174
Default

I think it has a lot to do with how often you use an app. iOS will auto close an app that has been idle for a period of time in the background to save resources. If you are regularly playing a SNES game there should be no problem. Once a day of using app will probably be enough.
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 11-25-2013, 03:43 AM
psj3809 psj3809 is offline
Moderator
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
So your solution is to have the app open for weeks? You must be joking...
Thats not that weird though. Do you always make sure you shut down an app properly after you finish playing it then ?

I'm on the latest 5th gen ipod touch so i dont have to bother closing down everything straight away. Later in the day i might go through and shut down a fair few apps but i dont play a game/shut it down properly/then go to the next game over and over.

Think its a bit too 'clinical' to always make sure you shut down the app properly before playing another one.
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 11-26-2013, 01:38 AM
yellowknife yellowknife is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 174
Default

Yes and all those icons you see that appear to be open apps when you double click home? Well only the last few are actually 'open'. Apple closes the older ones but leaves them there for historical info.
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 11-26-2013, 08:29 AM
TommyIII TommyIII is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowknife View Post
Yes and all those icons you see that appear to be open apps when you double click home? Well only the last few are actually 'open'. Apple closes the older ones but leaves them there for historical info.
Yeah, iOS Multitaking at its finest.

Another way would be to copy (backup) the save state file to another folder right after every session of the game(s) you want to continue, but its only semi-convenient if your Jailbroken.
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 11-26-2013, 08:56 AM
y2kmp3 y2kmp3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 908
Default

After all this time, has anyone been able to figure out how to keep the ROMS offline locally in your app so that you do not need to access dropbox at all to use it?

I recall that someone was able to figure out a partial solution, but no work has since been done to solve this.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent