Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-24-2013, 04:46 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Think everyone has to stop panicking everytime theres an update on Dropbox. They wont suddenly stop people uploading zip or smc files so stop worrying !

Still like this emulator, but yeah its a huge shame the save files dont seem to last long and eventually disappear. Because of that i just use the app for a few 'trip down memory lane' plays of games.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Think everyone has to stop panicking everytime theres an update on Dropbox. They wont suddenly stop people uploading zip or smc files so stop worrying !

Still like this emulator, but yeah its a huge shame the save files dont seem to last long and eventually disappear. Because of that i just use the app for a few 'trip down memory lane' plays of games.
Yup, that's pretty much all I use it for as well.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:19 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I've found that if I leave the app open I can play without losing A save. I played earthbound from start to finish with no issue and am working through star ocean now and I'm like 14 hours in or so
Old 11-25-2013, 02:13 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by waro View Post
I've found that if I leave the app open I can play without losing A save. I played earthbound from start to finish with no issue and am working through star ocean now and I'm like 14 hours in or so
So your solution is to have the app open for weeks? You must be joking...
Old 11-25-2013, 02:59 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
No I think they are serious. I used the same method for a playthrough of A Link to the Past recently.

Also I am finding Starfox / Starwing to be surprisingly playable with these touch controls. Very enjoyable.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:14 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

I think it has a lot to do with how often you use an app. iOS will auto close an app that has been idle for a period of time in the background to save resources. If you are regularly playing a SNES game there should be no problem. Once a day of using app will probably be enough.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:43 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Thats not that weird though. Do you always make sure you shut down an app properly after you finish playing it then ?

I'm on the latest 5th gen ipod touch so i dont have to bother closing down everything straight away. Later in the day i might go through and shut down a fair few apps but i dont play a game/shut it down properly/then go to the next game over and over.

Think its a bit too 'clinical' to always make sure you shut down the app properly before playing another one.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:38 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Yes and all those icons you see that appear to be open apps when you double click home? Well only the last few are actually 'open'. Apple closes the older ones but leaves them there for historical info.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:29 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowknife View Post
Yes and all those icons you see that appear to be open apps when you double click home? Well only the last few are actually 'open'. Apple closes the older ones but leaves them there for historical info.
Yeah, iOS Multitaking at its finest.

Another way would be to copy (backup) the save state file to another folder right after every session of the game(s) you want to continue, but its only semi-convenient if your Jailbroken.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:56 AM

After all this time, has anyone been able to figure out how to keep the ROMS offline locally in your app so that you do not need to access dropbox at all to use it?

I recall that someone was able to figure out a partial solution, but no work has since been done to solve this.