App Store Glitch?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by drewse, Aug 19, 2010.

1. drewse

drewse Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Not sure why this is happening (seems to have started today), but every category's New & Noteworthy and What's Hot sections seem to only be displaying apps whose names start with letters from the beginning of the alphabet. Instead of displaying the featured apps that Apple has chosen, they are only showing apps whose names start with numbers and A's. It's good if your app ranked in the top 120 alphabetically because then it'll make into What's Hot, but this is definitely not supposed to happen! This glitch is happening in game sub categories as well, which will affect my game sales since the game just got featured yesterday and is now nowhere to be seen. There has always been a way to order all the apps alphabetically and that's why people name their apps starting with A's (e.g. "a Calculator Pro"), but now they their apps will appear in New & Noteworthy and What's Hot categories as well. Has anyone else noticed this?

Hopefully they're just in the middle of updating the App Store, but it would be nice to hear your thoughts on it as well.

2. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Just checked the new and noteworthy section of the iPad puzzle games and its only A games and even games that are rather old. I hope they do B tomorrow! :D

3. drewse

drewse Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Yes, that means it's also affecting the iPad apps. Basically, every New & Noteworthy and What's Hot featured sections in the App Store are displaying the apps highest up on the alphabetical list instead of the featured apps. If it did change, though, let's hope they do J as well :)

4. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Ok! :) J it is but I'm sure iTunes will have this all figured out in bout a day or two.

5. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

Move along people nothing to see or read here!!

1 2 25 #1 in Entertainment both lists

Absorb Water also on both lists in ( Medical )

Definitely not a glitch everything is perfect. No changes required!

Keep your heads down and move to the nearest exit!

6. drewse

drewse Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    That'll boost the downloads :)

7. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

When this new format of iTunes first came out, Apple used this format in many countries except the US if I remember correctly. Numbers and A's first

8. diver314

diver314 New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Actually, this has been going on for well over a full day now. I can't understand why Apple doesn't do something about it.

In a few cases, some of the stores worst spammers are getting featured!

If you go to (for example) What's Hot in Board Games show by featured and look at the first 12 apps, and then go down to "All Board Games" show by Name - you will see precisely the same 12 apps!

Amazing.

I am tempted to rename all my apps with the prefix 000.

9. drewse

drewse Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009