Board Games For the iPad/iPad mini?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by joey_green, Nov 5, 2012.

1. joey_green

joey_green New Member

Aug 5, 2011
    With iOS 5, game center started having the ability to handle turn based social games. Letterpress is the first really well known game taking advantage of this feature.

I'm an iOS developer and am interested in using this feature in a board type game. I'm actually curious why nobody has done this yet( besides EA ).

For instance, one of the first games I ever played on the iPad was Small World and immediately thought how cool it would be if it could have networked turn-based multi-player capabilities.

The purpose of this post is to ask if there are actually people interested in playing board type games on their iPad?

I'm thinking more of the style of hardcore games, where there is great strategy involved with a strong theme.

If you're reading this, please let me know your thoughts.

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Are you using the same iPad as me? There's tons of turn-based board games, most with asynch play. Some use Gamecenter, some roll their own.

3. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I have three folders full dedicated to board and card games on my iPad, with many more I still wish to buy in my wishlist. So hell yes, I love my iPad for board gaming as it is a great way to get that in while nt having to labor through lulling out boxes, finding people to play and setting up the game. Mind you I am right there with you with games like Small World, Alien Frontier, Yggdrasil, Elder Scrolls Omen, Ghost Stories and many like them.

I dream one day I will get a app version of Twilight Imperium, A Game of Thrones, Descent, Android, Android: Netrunner, Arkham Horror and Runebound but dreamers will have to dream!

4. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/164/ios-board-games
    http://ipadboardgames.org/

5. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

+1

I already own dozens of turn-based board and card games with asynchronous play.