Is there any way to keep people from spamming me with challenges?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greyskull, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    My ipad mini runs 6.1, so people can send me game challenges. I'm constantly getting spammed with challenges for games I'll never install, like Campus Life. I don't want to reject all challenges, though. Is there any way, besides what I'm doing now (unfriending people) to keep this to a minimum?

Apple should have thought this addition to Gamecenter through. Here's how it SHOULD work: any game which includes challenges should have an enable-disable feature within the game. I shouldn't be getting spam from games I don't have installed.

I used to accept all friend requests, since I didn't know if the person was from TA or not. And it didn't matter. Now it does. Gah, Openfeint was better.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Its annoying isnt it

If someone keeps sending me crappy challenges i simply find the name and delete them from my list. (Same for anyone on twitter/facebook who spams me)

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah... I just delete people who send me challenges.... My friends list went from 498 people down to 53 =oP

But now, everyone on my list I either know in person, or here on the forums, and if they send me a challenge I know it's either by accident, or they're trying to get my attention. =oP