adventure game for kids

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gruff, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Gruff

Gruff New Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Hi, I'm going to go on a very long plane trip(20+ hours) with my daughters, and was thinking it could be fun to do some myst like game with them. Their ages are 5 and 9(almost 6 and 10). I've never actually played Myst but was always intrigued hearing about it. I suspect Myst would be too difficult for kids and also figured there are probably newer better games that work better for ipad/iphone.

So, any suggestions for good adventure games that would be fun for kids on IPad or iphone?
    (Also just wondering: How do Myst or Riven hold up, do they work well in ios? is one better than the other?)

Thanks,
    Luke

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #2 Exact-Psience, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    Have you tried the following?

Tiny Space Adventure
    Tiny Prehistoric Adventure
    Tiny Thief

I know they all start with "Tiny" but these are actually pretty good games. Some realtime point and click adventure, but only in 2D. Dont be fooled by the 2D though, these games look absolutely good, and they are mostly family friendly. That said, puzzles arent too difficult on each one of these.

The little ladies might not like the pacing of Myst titles as it has minimal animation involved.

If you want solid 3D titles that could be enjoyed by the kids, try Back to the Future or Monkey Island... Some of their puzzles get really difficult though.

3. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Maybe give Shiny the Firefly a try

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I almost forgot Jacob Jones. Also try Jim and Frank Mysteries. Both very kid friendly, and not a point of frustration if there's an adult supervising.

5. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    #5 sinagog, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    It's not especially in the vein of Myst, but Fetch is a really fun, poignant adventure game, with lots of little arcade mini-games to stop the tykes slipping into a point-and-click coma. Only flaw is that it lasts just a couple of hours. Warning: if you don't already own a dog, your children will be on your case to get one after playing this!

ETA: Come to think of it, that studio's Drawn games are quite heavily influenced by Myst.

6. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Yup Fetch was quite good. Definitely worth a try