Patchwork Battle - A new Crafting-Sim / RPG currently In Development

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jlach, Nov 6, 2011.

1. jlach

jlach Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Sr. Applications Engineer.
    Middletown, CT
    #1 jlach, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
    Hi everyone,

This is a cross-post of our thread over in the Upcoming iPad Games section. Some of the information here is slightly outdated (some systems have changed) but it should give us a starting point for discussion!

For reference here's the original thread - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=90900

And there you have it, a brief overview of my new current project. As always, please provide as much feedback and ask as many questions as you'd like. The more I can flesh out the above details with suggestions from the community the more I can assure you guys that the game will be what YOU want, not only what I want.

The initial iOS release WILL BE UNIVERSAL. We are currently targeting a Q2 2012 release date but hoping we can finish it a little quicker than that! :)

Many thanks for reading!

2. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Is there gonna be a beta? the game soudns cool :p

3. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
    It's very likely. However, we need to figure out how we're going to go about it. I would say expect it around Feb if all goes according to plan.

4. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
  5. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #5 GoofyJmaster., Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
    Can you guys make a newsletter for your blog? This would really help me stay updated on all the lore, battle system, crafting, etc.

[[Edit]]
    Just looked at the screens on ayopa and the game style looks awesome. The last screen made me say, "Gosh, I really can't wait to play this!" :D

[​IMG]

6. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    I just started following you on Twitter from a post I read on Goofy's timeline. The game looks absolutely awesome. Can't wait for some gameplay videos.

7. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I thought this was a better picture!!!

[​IMG]

The official PW banner! Hopefully, I don't offend by posting this!

Well thanks for following me or, at least, checking out my twitter. Yeah, this game looks like something special. I can never get ebough of the TBS genre. It looks like the developers have made an awesome TBS & RPG hybrid!

8. jlach

jlach Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Middletown, CT
    Thanks for the interest, the kind words, and following us on twitter! We'll be putting up some early videos soon :)

No offense at all! Show it off, I really like that picture. But, to be fair, it's just a cropped screen shot :D

9. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Haha! Yeah, I really like the aluminum/tin foil armor. Too bad it, probably, won't look that good on the iPod touch 4 gen.

10. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    If you ever do a beta I'd like to be a beta tester

11. Arkais

Arkais Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Sounds like a very unique and innovative way to approach the RPG genre! The system sounds like a lot of fun and like it has the potential for a lot of variance between players. I will definitely be keeping my eye on this one.

12. jlach

jlach Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Middletown, CT
    Thanks for the kind words! We really believe the amount of player customization that can (and will!) happen is going to be staggering. Some of the systems we've put in place will help to ensure that no two Mimics are alike, and that's good because that's really our goal :)

13. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    This looks really cool. I am wondering how the whole thing will flow together.