Paying extractor iPad only games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by triggywiggy, Jan 19, 2012.

?

Would you pay extra for a Universal App?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    So another interesting question that has left me curious. I recently bought my iPad and I noticed that allot of games weren't universal leading me to have to download an iPad version of the game for an extra price.

So people I would like to know:

1) Would you pay extra for an iPad app if you have the iPhone version on your iPhone already?

2) What's your though on developers releasing iPad only apps and iPhone apps? Should they be Universal?

3) Would you be happy to pay extra for a Universal app than an iPhone only app?

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Lol stupid auto spell edited title!

3. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    I think the best scenerio is to have iphone and universal app(scenario 3) and worst being being separate iphone and ipad app(scenario 2) as iPad apps normally cost higher

Still can't believe in most cases iPad user's have to pay extra just because they have the larger screen size(exceptions being where there are significant change for iPad versions):rolleyes:

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I think you need to expand and clarify your poll. My iPad is my only iDevice and I certainly would not pay extra for a Universal version over an iPad only version.

I would (expect to) pay extra for an iPad only or a Universal version over an iPhone version. Why? Because I think the larger screen provides a better experience in most cases. Plus it is currently a smaller market and changes should usually be made to optimize the experience for the iPad.

I am not exactly sure what your poll is asking.