No iPad specific sacred odyssey?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by irmatt, Feb 6, 2011.

1. irmatt

irmatt New Member

Feb 6, 2011
    I don't get why gameloft didnt release an iPad hd?

2. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Wrong section. Goes in "Game Discussion".

And don't worry, my friend. It's coming, eventually.

3. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    It will probably arrive this coming week.

Arriving in HD a well later also occured with:

Nova 2, Dungeon Hunter 2, Eternal Legacy and Asphalt 6

4. markie4eyez

markie4eyez Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Why is that we have to wait for an iPad version of games
    Why not release at the same time

5. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Because they can get the game out sooner and start making money on it. Takes additional time and testing for the iPad version. In an ideal world, yes, they should try to release it at the same time or even make it universal.

6. heavy liquid

heavy liquid Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    I wish Gameloft would make their games universal. Even if we had to wait for the iPad versions, I would probably buy the games on release day instead of waiting. I think they're doing themselves a disservice:

Having to wait for the iPad versions tends to make me not care about the games as much, so I will tend to wait even longer for a sale. I figure I've waited this long already, might as well wait some more.

Maybe it's offset by people who buy the games twice, who knows...

7. Vidkid72

Vidkid72 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I feel exactly the same. I add the game to my appshopper list and wait for a sale since I've waited long enough anyways and have other games to play. They (and other developers) are losing out on the "new release" hype around games when waiting to release the iPad version. Real Racing 2 currently comes to mind. ;)

Like you said, maybe they know something we don't and get duplicate sales from people buying both versions?

8. TrainWreck

TrainWreck Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Handyman
    Central California
    I want the iPad version too, but how are they doing themselves a disservice? How many people own iPhones and iTouches compared to the people that own an iPad? It just makes sense to put out the game for those first.

And in fact it sounds like GameLoft taught you the value of patients ^^
    Instead of having "Brave New World" instant gratification attitude, you learned how to wait, and better yet save yourself some money.

This isn't directed just towards you, but to all gamers. We seem to propagating a poor value system where we give in to constant hype and constantly consume. We DO NOT "gotta catch them all" :p