The Steam Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by crex, Jul 21, 2011.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #681 drelbs, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    If you bought Miner Wars 2081 (during the sale or otherwise) Steam keys are now available on the homepage.

You need to log in or register on the page, then go to Profile and Enter Serial Key (which you got when you bought the game, or request CD key from Desura) and then under Steam Keys will be... your Steam key. ;)

So far it's been a great game, not quite as floaty as Descent was, but still a lot of fun. Makes me wish my CH HOTAS wasn't buried in a box in the garage...

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #683 drelbs, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    Double-Fine Amnesia Fortnight is live!

Steam keys for Costume Quest and Happy Song prototypes, as well as the top 4 voted prototypes once the event is over.

Videos of the fortnight will be posted during the event as it goes...

PS> As usual, you must spend at least $1 to get Steam Keys...

3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Yea, I have my doubts too. Here is the cached version of the site before they removed the article:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/entertainment/steam-torchlight-ii-free-to-download-not-live-yet/

So yea, maybe they removed it because they're wrong or maybe they don't want to ruin the surprise? I don't know :p

4. Isn't their source the same link I posted before? The blog does not mention Torchlight being free at all. o_O

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    A free weekend would make much more sense. Could be whoever wrote the article had it (partially) wrong.

6. Som yung gai

Som yung gai Well-Known Member

I've got Gmod. My Steam ID is Somyunggai.

Also, anyone got Black Mesa: Source? It's a fan-made mod for the Source SDK 2007. It's so much better than HL:Source, but is a lot more PC intensive. It's missing the Xen levels, but I'm not complaining. It's a well-made free mod years in the making.

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
  8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Holy crap, everything's on sale. Just picked up Bioshock 1 & 2 for $10. Amazing. I love steam :D

9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Yea, I just noticed. I hadn't even read the blog, so that's probably why they removed the article about it.

Amazon actually has a BioShock bundle (1+2) for $4.99.
    http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-41045k-Dual-Pack1/dp/B0083W649I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353880714&sr=8-1&keywords=bioshock+bundle

I know the link is useless to you now, but yea, I find Steam sales haven't been too great. Especially compared to other sites like GreenManGaming and Amazon.

I've gotten Sleeping Dogs for $13.60 from GMG, Prototype 1+2 for $7.49 from Amazon, LEGO Batman 1 + Batman 2 + Harry Potter 1-4 + Harry Potter 5-7 for $18.98 from Amazon.

And all those games activated on Steam.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    :( I would've preferred you not tell me that; I could still be reveling in a sense of shopping prowess

11. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Never even realized you could do this! Wow what a good idea.

12. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    Torchlight 2 is currently on sale for 9.99..really good game

too many good deals to list ...check it out :D

13. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    There should be information about the Steam Mega Sales in front.

Sale times: (Tell me if I'm missing any, and specific months are appreciated.)
    Spring Sale
    Summer Sale
    Thanksgiving/Autumn Sale
    Christmas Sale

For approximately a week, Steam puts the majority of its content on sale. Every day for the duration of the sale, there are "flash sales", as Steam calls them, where a select few games become even cheaper than their sale prices for a day or two(there are counters next to the games to show when their flash sales end). I advise you to only buy games on the last day of these sales just in case a game you're looking for goes on a flash sale later.

14. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    Well Folks...Steam Autumn sale is over......It seemed to me there were a lot less sales this year then previous years. (Only purchased 2 games)

where there more new releases then last year? Seems like more new games are not arriveing till at least spring.

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Be Mine 6 has about a week left, and looks to be getting Men of War: Condemned Heroes momentarily...

$1 gets you Eschalon Book 1 and Ceville on Steam, Paranomal & Enclave Gold DRM free + music.

$5 adds Dawn of Fantasy, Worms Reloaded, Two Worlds & Earth 2160 on Steam, and Gorky 17 DRM free + soundtracks.

197 more sales to add MoW:CH (steam) at the moment...

16. jackbear

jackbear Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    marketing officer~
    Indonesia
    yes buy that THQ bundle for only $6 and I love the content !!
    the newest one from the bundle is Warhammer 40k although its the first one but still its good ;)

17. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I have an extra steam key for Eschalon Book I if anyone is interested.

18. jackbear

jackbear Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    marketing officer~
    Indonesia
    I'm interested, if you dont mind :p