iPad rRootage Online (FREE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Yes! Now I can properly destroy everyone on the leaderboards:D

2. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Looks like the update adreses all my concerns. This game is awesome, I played lazrhog's version lots and loved it, but since the iOS4 update it has been unplayable so this is a real relief! And it is much smoother, nothing wrong with the other version, but the sound and feel of this one are right on.

Also in Psy mode, when you press the secondary button, is movement of your ship supposed to completely freeze? I don't remember if it was like that in Lazrhogs game or not.

I still love Noiz2sa though Lazrhog! Actually, is it possible to tone down the 'rectangles' part of your fighter ship(that surround the red square hit-zone) in Noiz2sa, they are really big and make dodging the bullets difficult, if you made them transparent like in rRootage and smaller it would be ideal.. Though Im not sure if this goes against the Kenta Cho game design too much. Noiz2sa is my go-to game for a quick gaming fix.

And I would actually love if you put that update through for rRootage.. because now I can't even open it, and Im definitely not going to just delete it.

Hope to see more Kenta Cho getting ported from one of you(devs of this game and Lazrhog), they are my favorite shooters on the app store.

Don't mean to sound greedy or anything, love the love you guys are giving us with these great free games as is.

3. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    No, it's not. The controls are the next issue I'm going to address.
    I was mainly concerned about performance for the first release and it's a spare time project, so I don't have as much time for testing as I'd like.

I'll probably also add an options screen. Beside the request for music/sfx settings, I also had some requests for autofire and other ways to trigger specials (optional on screen button).

4. Kaos999

Kaos999 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Australia
    Would you be able to put in a help screen of some kind? Because I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be doing for the special modes.

5. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    @weakfl: i'm joining in the chorus to thank you for this great conversion- i'm sure once the update is out, it'll be the definitive port of the game!

Hrm, now, if only someone with obvious, godly skills like, oh i dunno, Weakfl and Lazrhog would team up, and port Cho Ren Sha 68K...

6. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I'll look into it. Meanwhile you can find an explanation of the game modes on the itunes page (click on more).

Thanks!

I think the source code hasn't been released, has it?

7. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I'm a huge fan of rRootage and can't wait to play this version. What a pleasant surprise!

8. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Does anyone have a sensitivity issue on iP4? When I move my finger to the left slowly on my iP4 it doesnt track my movement very well. Overtime, the effect is my finger sliding off of the left slide of the screen because it doesnt track all my leftward movements. My 3GS does not have this problem. The easiest way to test this is to go to an easy level and slowly scroll your finger to the left. Does it track as well to the left on iP4 as it does to the right? I thought that it might be my phone so I went into maps and scrolled left and right while holding my finger to the glass. It tracks perfectly on the maps app so I know its not a hardware issue. Let me know what you guys see on your iP4s. Thank You

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It's been noted on the comments on the front page article. The developer is looking into it.

10. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I almost expected that because of the increased screen resolution, but didn't have new hardware to test. Of course it's working fine in the simulator...

If you (or anybody else with an iPhone4) can test an adhoc build, please send me a mail (miko [at] fraglab.at) with your device id.

thx!

11. doctorfedora

doctorfedora Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I take Japanese text and make it English text, for
    Kyoto
    Oddly enough, I can't seem to figure out how to change modes. Tapping on the mode name on the main menu doesn't work, nor shaking the phone. I've even slid my finger this way and that, in the hopes of maybe magically unlocking one of the other modes that's clearly included according to basically everything. Am I the only one or something?

EDIT: I am an idiot.

12. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I take it you've figured it out, but in case others havent(it's not so well documented), the top 4 squares on the level select are the 4 different modes. From left to right, Normal, Psy, Ika, and GW.

Psy mode and GW mode don't control too well yet as they require the secondary button to be held, rather than tapped, and in the current build it freezes movement. So wait for an update to play them, the Normal and Ika modes are fine.

13. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

ika mode is my fave mode.

14. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Version 1.0.3 has been approved, and should be ready for download soon.

ps: still looking for an iphone4 user to help with testing

15. Piasintein

Piasintein Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Downloaded it now in italian store! :)

16. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    #36 spacecowgoesmoo, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
    I think the new version is not adding the stage bonus at the end of the fifth stage. I got ~2570000 on the first level at the moment the boss exploded, but it didn't seem to add the final 400k bonus at the end.

17. Kaos999

Jan 12, 2010
    Australia
    Will the next update fix the fact that you can't play Psy or GW mode properly, because holding a second finger to use the special prevents you from moving?

18. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    That's the plan. I'm currently out of town though, so I won't be able to submit another update before next week.

19. Kaos999

Jan 12, 2010
    Australia
    Cool. I don't think I'll be able to complete the normal and ika levels in a week anyway. :p

20. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    I'm upping the thread, cause I got an iPhone 4 and i'm having a control issue. The ship doesn't move as fast as my finger, so i always end with my finger on top of the ship. Please send a pm with instructions, i'd be glad to help, game is a blast (and it's free, which is even better). :p