Sword of Fargoal 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fargoal, Aug 31, 2012.

1. fargoal

fargoal Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Yup! We did a recent Kickstarter campaign and are working toward an official Sword of Fargoal 2 release during the first part of this year!!

— Jeff

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I feel like I've been waiting for this game longer than I've been alive.

3. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Looks like you surpassed your goal then according to your page! Guess that means projects good to go then ;) Yee Hoo

4. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    Sure is!! We are excited about it all!

— Jeff

5. DisconnectD

DisconnectD Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Oooh, man. This is so exciting!

I randomly have been checking on progress for Fargoal 2 for the past year and a half and I knew one day my patience would be rewarded! After becoming addicted to Punch Quest, my fervor for anything Paul Pridham has been reinvigorated!

I am just sad I missed the Kickstarter :(

Congratulations , everybody. You earned it!

6. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    Thanks so much. You'll love this new one too!!! Paul (@madgarden) has done a bang-up job.

— Jeff

7. DisconnectD

Jan 31, 2011
    Yeah man,

I've been supporting Paul since the beginning when Fargoal was first released on IOS and have been EAGERLY awaiting anything new. I remember when Fargoal 2 was set to be a free upgrade from Fargoal 1, haha. Fun times!

How far you guys have come, it's incredible. I love it!

8. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    Yes, Fargoal 2 has been an evolution for sure. As I'm sure you've gathered, it became something much much bigger, richer, and more full than originally planned. Paul ended up rebuilding it from the ground up. And there's more to come too!

— Jeff

9. DisconnectD

Jan 31, 2011
    Yeah, from what I gather, it's like a monster that's taken on a life of it's own. Wands that fire magical ricocheting projectiles, magical armor and weapons, monsters that battle each other, themed dungeon areas, new traps, interactive level objects, the list goes on and on. Pretty staggering!

10. DisconnectD

Jan 31, 2011
    Anything in particular that you are most excited about, Jeff?

11. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    Yes, I'd say two key things (my favorites among many others):

1. What I'm calling "emergent behavior," meaning: When Monsters, Traps, and Treasures end up doing things that are unplanned and seem more intelligent because they appear to be happening naturally based on the circumstances.

2. The variety and new depths of the dungeon (both literally and figuratively-speaking). Paul Pridham (@madgarden) has designed *amazing* new dungeon level types and styles — plus levels can now be very small or *GIGANTIC*!! There are also now going to be tons of level types and surfaces, including caves with sand and rougher, more naturalistic room shapes, icky sewers, water, and possibly things like quicksand, lava, etc. as we refine the game.

Thanks so much for your question!

Sincerely,

Jeff McCord
    Fargoal, LLC

12. overzero3

overzero3 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    I don't know if asking this would spoil to much of the game, but...how does all theses different environments mix together?
    The first SoF was one huge dungeon, but how is it going to work on SoF2? Will there be a central hub area, like a town or something (thinking like Diablo or Demon's Souls here) or each dungeon floor will be unrelated to the other?

13. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    Good questions:

There is no town — it is pure dungeony-goodness. But there will be a logical construction to how it is built. Paul has thought out how everything interconnects in terms of the main levels, and the gritty, scarey, dirty, and challenging side levels of all sizes and types. Some will have secret entrances and may contain great treasure, but also great peril. Others might be more utilitarian in function. Still others may be a place for barracks or guards.

I hope this helps!

— Jeff McCord

14. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Any release date planned?

15. dheco

dheco Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Whooooowwwww I can't wait to play now!:eek::):D

16. overzero3

overzero3 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    So...as always i gotta ask...whats up, doc?!
    Any news, any screen, any date?

17. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    so...

really want to play this. any progress??

18. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    Yes, I am overhauling a bunch of the core systems and applying general improvements I've made while working on Punch Quest, that will allow me to pack in a lot more tiles and sprites. Nothing too exciting, but important stuff.

19. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    there is Zero information and its been Ages since this kickstarter was finished. i have never seen such a lack of communication by a developer after finishing a kickstarter.. i dont mind games taking time but cmon there has not been a single word...what gives?

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009