Universal Trial By Survival - (by Nah-Meen Studios LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 7, 2013.

1. mrbradleypants

mrbradleypants Well-Known Member

Unlock Arena is 50% Off this weekend. Make sure you update to 1.11 to get the 6 additional arenas!

2. D&Dgames

D&Dgames Active Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Are you still working on this game:)

3. mrbradleypants

Yeah we are still in it. We're thinking about starting our next project and still tossing around ideas of how we can improve TBS for sure. You still playing?

4. mrbradleypants

Version 1.15 is out. Now every survivor starts with a revolver and a few rounds. The pistol is now featured in the IAP.

5. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Hiya! I like the game so far. Before buying the survivor pack, I just wanted to ensure this will permanently disable ads between the levels?

Thanks

6. mrbradleypants

Hi Jorlen- Buying any of the kits or the pack will disable the ads.

Thanks!

7. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Excellent! I checked everywhere in the game first but this wasn't mentioned.

8. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I've thoroughly enjoyed this game. I forgot about it for a while, but recently brought it up in another thread. Since then, I've been playing and think the developers dedication has made this even more polished than before. I've always thought having Glitch the dog really adds to the experience and gameplay. :D

9. mrbradleypants

Thanks dude.

10. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Picked up the survivor pack and played all evening last night. Great game, it's like a slow-paced rogue-like dual-stick shooter. I personally like that it's more slow-paced and tense; you never know when those bastards are going to come running out, specially during the night-time missions.

Just a question - how do you guys find food? I used 6 food to go to a town (the icon looks like a highrise) but it was basically just a long stretch of street with barely anything on the map. Did I just get unlucky?

I know if you stay too long (2 visits I think) on a certain spot on the map, hordes develop, so I think using and keeping food to travel is a key strategy.

Awesome game, highly recommended.

11. mrbradleypants

Hey Jorlen,

I think you are describing a travel scenario. Every time you select a new map point, you'll have to travel there, and then you'll have the chance to search the area twice before a horde forms. Most of the food will be found inside buildings. There are typically more buildings in suburban or town areas. Hope this helps.

12. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Hrm. Does searching at night count? Or is it searching twice during the day that counts for the "twice and get horde" thing?

I'm having a lot of luck searching at night but it's also a more risky. I'm guessing that's not an accident :)

13. mrbradleypants

searching at night won't count as far as the horde forming is concerned.

You're right, its no accident. the night searches are great if you have the means to deal with the zombies but need food to move around.

14. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Cool, thanks for the information.

What game are you going to work on next?

15. mrbradleypants

No problem! Glad you're finding the game fun.

We have actually started working on our next title. I can only say its going to be awesome and we'll be announcing in the near future!

16. TimTim92

TimTim92 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    #376 TimTim92, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    What can someone say to convince me to play this title? It looks very interesting, and I do love me some zombie strategies..

EDIT:

Okay, so I played it based off of what I know, and so far it's not very friendly towards newer users. Combat is not explained, it's just thrown at you which is cool for survival purposes, (duh) but its not good when I have no clue how to attack. I try clicking on this button in the right, but it just pushes them away instead of swinging a crowbar. My revolver is useless and it doesn't even shoot. I've died three times trying to figure out how this game is played.
    I'm so frustrated and let down. It's so aggravating. Could someone help? I'd like to at least get past this one part to see what the game has to offer. Ugh..

17. mrbradleypants

Hey TimTim,

So its basically like any other twin stick shooter, if you have ever played a game with those controls. If you haven't - the left stick will move your character, the right stick will attack. There is a buffer on the attack so that not every touch will make you fire, so you don't unintentionally waste your ammo and so you can aim your character a different direction then they are moving. As far as your pistol being useless, check if you have ammo left. You don't start with that much ammo. If your character stands still, you'll glow green and its much easier to kill zombies, so make every bullet count. Aiming works with melee as well.
    As far as the kicking goes- your character will automatically try and kick zombies away.

Hope this helps you enjoy the game more!

18. mrbradleypants

We've been busy developing a new title, which we'll be announcing soon! BUT we took some time to tweak Trial by Survival. We've tried to iron out some of the control and balancing issues we've seen in comments and reviews, so thanks for the feedback. If you're still playing, that's awesome, and the update should be coming in the next few days.

**1.25 UPDATES**
    -Updated Controls!!! Made adjustments to default dual sticks, making aiming and shooting smoother and easier
    -NEW PASSIVE SEARCHING - Now you can search everything while playing with two guns!
    -Armor is now cheaper to repair!!!
    -Night Searches are now unlocked!!!
    -Minor balancing issues
    -iOS 8 compatibility

19. Lesseo

Lesseo New Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Addicted to this game

Cant get enough. Need TBS 2 with a few changes like graphics and faster movement. Being able to use more than 2 perks at once. More levels and ability to purchase ammo or at least stock up on more than 1000. Maybe attchments for the guns like lazer sight or brighter flashlight for at night. A scope that auto locks on targets. Idk but this is one of the best games out there. Iv spent ALOT of hours on this. Im a big Resident Evil fan so this is keeping me occupied till I get RE4 & RE6 on PC. Great job to those who made it.

20. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Hmm,it got updated,it seems.