WPtouch Theme for toucharcade.com

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Firestar, May 28, 2009.

1. Firestar

Firestar Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    #1 Firestar, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
    I know this topic has been brought up before, however I would like to make a direct suggestion. By the look of things (and the images stored in wpcontent) this site uses WordPress. If this is the case, you should download and install the WPtouch plugin. For more info on the plugin go to http://www.bravenewcode.com/wptouch, and for an example go to http://chris.pirillo.com (on your iPod or iPhone).
    EDIT: For the forums, I have found a plugin that would work. There is a demo at http://www.elforro.com/, and I will add a link later to download.
    EDIT 2: Link is http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=171947

2. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    The front page is Wordpress but the forums are vBulletin.

The front page is not the issue, it's the forums. Posting in the forums is a pain from iDevices. Hopefully arn is working on it.

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    As of now (I think not to sure though) there is no plugin for vBulletin Forum for the iphone (not sure but just guessing) the only way to do something like that is to make it your self (PHP,etc....) but I hope something might be done or is tried.

4. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    I think there's an uggly one for mobile phones...........I'll have to check.
    Arn could make one and sell it. :D

5. Firestar

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    It would still be good to have an optimized front page, because I come here regarly and have to do heaps of scrolling.

6. Firestar

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    vBulletin link added!

7. Firestar

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Any thoughts?

8. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
  9. Firestar

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    I don't really want to pay NZ$14 just to view forums, when it's not even guaranteed to work.

10. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I almost bought it, but then I read the reviews. I'll hold out on it. Until then, I'll just deal with an un-optimized forum.

11. Firestar

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Could I please have confirmation that one of the TouchArcade staff have actually read this?

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Confirmation.

13. Yixian

Yixian Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Medical Student
    Europe
    To be honest, the site was fine when iPhone gaming was a new and small interest but now you have so much news every day, such a large library and more and more games announced for each month - the site needs a completely upgrade, with a review database, video/screenshot database, graphical redesign etc.

iPhone gaming is so big now and tA is it's flagship, it needs to make the move from weblog to IGN-style gaming site. SOmething akin to InsideMacGames.

14. aboll2009

aboll2009 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    Agreed, you should change things up a bit to make it seem less like a small time site to a full-blown kickass exclusives-ridden site

15. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    You do know this is the No.1 site people will turn to for the latest iPhone news and exclusives. I think they are big and successful enough as they are. An iDevice optimization would be quite nice though and would make things alot easier at times