Winter is Coming - Games with Snow?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by curtisrshideler, Dec 9, 2014.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Every year, I find myself wanting to dig-in to games that have areas/levels that resemble real life seasons. So, with Winter around the corner, I've been trying to think of good games to play with snow in them. I'm already playing a few, and thinking about grabbing a couple more. Even though I'm partial to RPGs, I'd love to hear your favorite games with snow! Maybe we can all help each other find a new game to enjoy this Winter.

iOS:
    Dragon Quest VIII
    Saturday Morning RPG
    Final Fantasy VI
    Simpsons Tapped Out
    Batman Arkham Origins (Mobile)
    1112 Episode 3
    Puzzle Agent (1 & 2)
    Max Payne
    LEGO: Lord of the Rings
    New Star Soccer
    PSF 2014
    Pocket RPG
    Banner Saga (I haven't picked it up yet because I can't fit it on my phone, and my iPad can't run it.)

Console/Computer:
    Indigo Prophecy
    Batman Arkham Origins

2. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    -Year Walk
    -Terraria
    -Costume Quest (expansion:Grubbins on ice)
    -Pixel People

Not very snowy,but i find The Room moody enough to play in both autumn and winter.

3. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Oh yeah, Terraria and Junk Jack X have snow. And I just finished Costume Quest and deleted it. Play through every year. And, yeah, I loved Year Walk when it came out. Might be time for another play through! Thanks.

4. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Console/comp: Never alone

5. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Oh yeah, also playing a little Nimian Legends: Brightridge. There's a little snow in that one too.

6. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Roller Polar is nothing but snow. It's a simple game but very fun.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Crystal Siege has a lot of snow :)

You also have frozen towers, which can be thawed out by your fire spells. ;)

8. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Just picked it up. It's a fun twitch game. Good suggestion.

9. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Weird. Can't find either of those in the App Store.

10. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    I recommend Rat on a Snowboard by Donut Games

11. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    When I saw this topic I immediately thought you were looking for Game of Thrones games featuring Jon Snow.

12. Aden Apps

Aden Apps Active Member

Nov 25, 2014
    Check out the "Winter Is Coming" section in the App Store. It has all the new snow-themed games there

13. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Thanks! Yeah, there are some good ones. I was really hoping for some gems that aren't as easy to find that people may have played a while ago. Frane: Dragon's Odyssey is a good example from my collection. There's a town and area that has gorgeous graphics and snow falling to a beautiful soundtrack. Same with 1112 Episode 3.

But Apple did highlight Super Mega Worm Vs. Santa Saga. And even though I already have them individually, I invested in that one combo app. Also, already have and love Year Walk and LostWinds2.

Anyway, if anyone has any other random titles they remember seeing snow in, let me know! I've been enjoying Batman Arkham Origins mobile while I've also been tackling the console version, and just tried Gameloft's newest Spider-Man game because it has snow in it. Stupid Gameloft timers frustrate a really well done game.

14. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Peniguin is a fun game that has a penguin running across an ocean filled will ice cubes. The penguin can run in any direction but must stay on the ice cubes. While this is going on his friends are trying to pelt it with snow balls which creates the 2nd obstacle the penguin must avoid. Also as the penguin runs on the ice it slowly disappears which prevents it from returning on the same path it took. It is a fast game that is constantly changing because the game program creates a unique path ways that is never the same.

You can find it at this link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/peniguin/id939204295?mt=8

[​IMG]

15. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    If you're partial to RPG's you should check out Icewind Dale. Surprised it wasn't mentioned.

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Good call! I'll have to see if it'll run well on my old iPad. Heard those games were good, but never played them.