Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-06-2013, 07:29 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
Come on!
99 cents for a friggin game with hours of gameplay, and you're moaning about not getting it for free?
That's why there so many awful Freemium titles out there.

Why don't you just go play the Smurfs or any other similar game and get your rocks of on that?
It's guys like you who creates a market for crap like that with posts like that anyway.

I haven't bought this game yet myself, but that's because I'm hoping for some impressions on the game, and the games visual style is so close to Limbo that I might hold of because of that, I'm still hoping Limbo might make an appearance on the AppStore in the future.
1. You dont have to be that mean to him. He was just showing his frustration because he missed the chance to download the game for free. Maybe he doesnt have the cash to spare to buy the game (doesnt matter if its only 99c because it happens to me at times ) and he really wanted to try it.

2. Dont say the game has "hours of gameplay" if you havent even bought the game yourself. Just so you know, the game is episodic. Which means it might not be such a long experience atleast until the other episodes are released.

3. Keep waiting for Limbo, my friend. By the time it comes, we might not even be alive.

Last edited by lyace21; 05-06-2013 at 07:32 AM..
Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 AM

It is meant to be iPhone 5 optimised but it isn't really. It just fades to black on the edges to make it seem it uses the full display. Sneaky.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:58 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
Come on!
99 cents for a friggin game with hours of gameplay, and you're moaning about not getting it for free?
That's why there so many awful Freemium titles out there.
I've finished the game; it literally has only 20 minutes of gameplay at this point, but it definitely shows potential. Despite the art style, it's not a direct clone of Limbo, and I hope the developers stick with it. Unfortunately right as it seems it is starting to pick up, it ends, so we'll see - there are far too many unfinished games floating around the app store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
It is meant to be iPhone 5 optimised but it isn't really. It just fades to black on the edges to make it seem it uses the full display. Sneaky.
Do you mean the very edges of the physical screen, or just the edges where it'd be cut off if it were only designed for a smaller 4th-gen device? The severe vignetting is intentional, and also present on an iPad, so I'd take another look at that.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:39 AM

The most of players who tested our game, played about 1-1,5h from start to finish for some players like you this may be to easy, for others like person who record video for app zebra on top of this thread is to hard and he would play much longer.

Notice it is the first episode currently, we plan to make 2-3 episodes in the future.

Today I will send to apple update with game optimized for ipad and iphone 5 - full screen support.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:46 PM

I might pick it up later. Looks interesting. 99 isn't too bad. I even missed $1.99 for free anyway n bought it w/ money.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:38 PM

The end of the video makes me wonder if the rotten tree was movable and yeah it's just like Limbo so I'm getting it 😄
Old 05-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Did anyone get this when it was free?
Is it any good or just an inferior Limbo ripoff?
Old 05-12-2013, 07:49 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Did anyone get this when it was free?
Is it any good or just an inferior Limbo ripoff?
I got it when it was free... Dear goodness is it bad. It feels like someone was shown the trailer of Limbo and told to make it for iOS. Its just an awful clone. Terrible gameplay, terrible story (it literally had to have the character tell me when I was supposed to be scared, and did an awful job at that), terrible controls, terrible animations (nothing fluid like Limbo had). Didn't stay on my device for long, can't imagine spending any money on it.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:12 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

It seemed interesting, really slow on my iPad mini. At the first tree, how do you jump over the pit ? Is the rest of game as bad?