Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-24-2014, 02:03 AM
Red1's Avatar
Red1 Red1 is offline
Moderator
iPod Touch (1st Gen)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,733
Default Best Handsfree Car kit?

Can anyone recommend their favorite handsfree car kit?

Preferably something we can just put in the car without any real installation.

I've never looked into them, so don't know which brands are popular.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-24-2014, 02:05 AM
coolpepper43 coolpepper43 is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
Can anyone recommend their favorite handsfree car kit?

Preferably something we can just put in the car without any real installation.

I've never looked into them, so don't know which brands are popular.
Do you have an aux jack?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-24-2014, 02:42 AM
Red1's Avatar
Red1 Red1 is offline
Moderator
iPod Touch (1st Gen)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Do you have an aux jack?
Nope. Both cars have shitty radios that we've never upgraded.

Was thinking Bluetooth would be the way to go.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-24-2014, 02:47 AM
coolpepper43 coolpepper43 is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
Nope. Both cars have shitty radios that we've never upgraded.

Was thinking Bluetooth would be the way to go.
Well dang, if you don't have a jack then you will probably have to get the entire thing replaced. I have a pretty good Bluetooth setup using a device that hooks into the aux jack.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-24-2014, 02:52 AM
Red1's Avatar
Red1 Red1 is offline
Moderator
iPod Touch (1st Gen)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,733
Default

I thought we'd be able to get something that simply clips onto the visor or something and uses bluetooth to talk to the phone.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-24-2014, 03:01 AM
coolpepper43 coolpepper43 is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
I thought we'd be able to get something that simply clips onto the visor or something and uses bluetooth to talk to the phone.
They do have those also, I just didn't know how serious you are about music. I think those visor things also can do calling so that is probably the cheapest and easiest solution. I need to get my mother one of those for gps on her phone.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-24-2014, 05:28 AM
Red1's Avatar
Red1 Red1 is offline
Moderator
iPod Touch (1st Gen)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
They do have those also, I just didn't know how serious you are about music. I think those visor things also can do calling so that is probably the cheapest and easiest solution. I need to get my mother one of those for gps on her phone.
Ahh, I wasn't even thinking about music. I tend to listen to the radio on the way to work. Hmmm, maybe I should be thinking about music too. See, that's why I asked.

Last edited by Red1; 05-24-2014 at 05:39 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-24-2014, 05:34 AM
coolpepper43 coolpepper43 is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
Ahh, I wasn't even thinking about music. I tend to listen to the radio on the way to work. Hmmm, maybe I should be thinking about music too. See, that's why I asked.
No problem. If you want to use it for music you got to go full stereo. I love Bluetooth for music, it's the best!

Last edited by Red1; 05-24-2014 at 05:40 AM..
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent