Best Diablo Clone On iOS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by hitmantb, Mar 11, 2014.

1. hitmantb

hitmantb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Tried many of them.

Zenonia 5 - Incredible graphics, great skill tree, good controls, loot is not nearly as random as a true Diablo game

Dungeon Hunter 4 - Incredible graphics, poor skill tree, really weak loot (gem, gem and gem some more instead of getting an awesome piece of gear with perfect stats), terrible loot progression (buy a few pieces of items in store with gold, not even the premium currency, and everything the game drops becomes obsolete). Really good game, I don't even mind the IAP, just terrible drops. 3 suffers from the same problem, 2 is a lot better in gear but skill tree still lacks variety, as rogue I beat the game on every difficulty by turning on life leech, poison and just auto attacked away.

Aurum Blade - Terrible graphics, poor skill tree, great loot, just too much auto attacking for me

Stone of Life - Same problem as Aurum blade, although graphics are upgraded

Dark Avenger/Eternity Warrior 3/Heroes Call - Feel like the same games, just really bland.

It is a shame, if Blizzard made a HD version of Diablo 2 with great graphics it would have killed all of the games above.

2. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    #2 CygnetSeven, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  3. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Try lesabel or eternity warriors 2. The second game was so much better then the third, not very iap, great loot drops and item progression, and farming is actually fun. Loved it

4. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    #4 Jakeopp, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    I recommend giving Orc: Vengeance a try. I have yet to play anything else in the app store that comes close to it.

5. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    The Dungeon Hunter series (except 3) probably comes the closest - sadly.

Torchlight for iOS would be amazing. The developers expressed interest some time ago, but said a lack of time and resources prevented it. But since the launch of Torchlight 2, they've been relatively quiet... who knows...

6. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Really thinking about it, I'd actually try out Diablo 1 if it saw an iOS release.

7. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Iesabel is the only decent one. Orc is too slow and combat feels like you're walking through mud- story is interesting though.

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I still feel like this is a huge opportunity waiting to happen. Others mentioned have been good, but there is yet to be a "classic" must-own hack n' slash in the Diablo vein on iOS.

I think the Torchlight devs are doing themselves a disservice but not thinking of porting it to iOS. I think it would make a killing even at a relatively high premium price.

Of course, I'd welcome a great new IP as well. Had high hopes for Infinity Blade Dungeons until it was scrubbed.

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    The Bards Tale.

Lol, post number 7,777.

10. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Quadropus Rampage is quite close. Its not the same thing but is the iOS equivalent in my eyes.

11. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Check out Darkstone when it comes out on the 20th in the U.S.

Right now it's soft launched in Canada and a few other countries. I've been playing it a lot and it's quite good. $5 IAP to unlock the game / disable ads.