Universal Pixel People - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machiknight

Machiknight Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    I think this is the strategy I'm going to try, but how do I restart? I have no idea how to delete my save game, I've been using iCloud, if I just uninstall and reinstall will that work? Will I lose my IAP?

2. Machiknight

Feb 5, 2013
    Ok, so how DO I restart? I'm using iCloud so how do I get rid of my save game? Will I lose my IAP if I do that of the time doubler?

3. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Your IAP is tied to your AppleID, not your save data. If you want to start over, disable iCloud, delete the game, reinstall the game say NO to iCloud, then tap on the Town Hall building and tap the gear icon and select the "Restore Purchases" option at the bottom to get your Double Time IAP back.

4. xbtran

xbtran Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Scary to hear about missing utopium. I havent encountered anything like that yet.

I also really want something that instantly clicks all the electric symbols. I think we should have a nuclear plant or something that gives us an option to "give electricity to all business" after paying a one time utopium fee

5. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I think something that useful/time saving should be a function that costs 1u per use. As it really is just a luxury, and mostly only useful when you first come back to your town, or for those who only check in every couple of hours.

6. Machiknight

Feb 5, 2013
    Tried this, it doesn't give me the option to say NO to iCloud, and then restores my iCloud save.

7. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    I thought that I may using it unintentually, but I honestly don't know how it could be. I'm pretty sure I never click any speed ups, I never thought any trees yet, and I read every price tags before I build them.

Also, why is the best payout building?
    The expansion for land is getting really costly, and I'm trying to increase my flow if incoming cash. I'm doing police station and arcade, is anything else better than these. I haven't upgraded any buildings pass level 1 yet.

8. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Disable iCloud in Settings>iCloud>Documents & Data>Off

9. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Here is a post that I made a while ago explaining 3 different types of "top earning" buildings

10. Machiknight

Feb 5, 2013
    Got it! Thanks! Ill report my restart info as I go!

11. xbtran

xbtran Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Yea it is just a luxury but I guess so is halving down your heart bar, and those are one time fees. 1u per use almost seems not worth it. I'd like an initial cost - about 30-50u, and then have it on a cooldown timer so that you can only use it every few hours. This way you can't rely on it every single time you log in, and it'll mostly be useful for those times when you wake up.

Yea that's really strange. What I'd suggest is to take a picture before you sleep, and then compare in the morning. If there's a strange loss, take another and send both to the devs.

As for most money, I'm not too sure. I haven't really been min-maxing at all as I've cared more about the layout of my city haha. I'm sure if you read back a lot of people have talked about that.

12. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    That actually sounds like a really good compromise, high up front cost plus a cool down timer would work perfectly. Great idea!

13. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Thought of turning off wi-fi and/or cellular by putting it in airplane mode? Let's see it fetch your iCloud save then ;)

Never mind you can delete your iCloud data for the game at any point from the Setting app.

14. Corky McButterpants

Corky McButterpants Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    #674 Corky McButterpants, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    Just wondering why the need for the (annoying) 'return to town center' option when a simple '3 finger tap' will return any spacefarer lost in the void to the starting 0,0 coordinate bang in the middle of town...spacesuit off>grab a beer>life couldn't be sweeter.

15. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    How many trees?

I just discovered this game on the weekend, and it's now my favorite distraction! Very nice game, thank you LambdaMu.

I have 87/150 jobs, 140 land, and 725 cps, so I'm now getting into the slower part of the game...

My question is how many trees would you think are needed for optimal utopium collection? Do you need a certain number to even be "eligible" for the 25u maximum daily limit, or do more trees simply increase the probability of catching them per your own gameplay time?

16. Machiknight

Feb 5, 2013

Phase 1 complete!

Attached Files:

17. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Lets say i restarted and would i get enough cash early on to get to shiny towers without having to build another resident houses?

18. Machiknight

Feb 5, 2013
    Phase One complete of TRB4 reconstruction plan. Past failed colony has been rendered into essential parts and nutrients.

Phase two beginning.

Attached Files:

19. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #679 vicsark, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    Tu quoque Andrwsc ! ;)
    I guess a dozen tree is enough if you play 4/5 times a day for 5/10min.
    I have 14 in total, including the ones I got at the beginning.
    I had no problem getting 25U from them today, playing maybe an hour in total.
    This morning I had 7U in a 10 min play.

It improves the probability of getting U just because you have more trees and more tree bonus. So the more trees you have, the faster you'll get the U.
    It means the number needs to be adjusted depending on the time you'll devote the game.

But as there is no counter, if you aim for the max, try keeping tab so you can stop punching trees when it's done.
    Also, plant them asap, and regroup them.

Edit:
    just a quick stat on my income:
    1054 cps, sounds good right?
    Except that only 204cps comes from buildings that lasts one hour or more :(

The game is heavily pondered on income from very short term building.
    And as the upgrades only do multiples of the initial working times, it won't change much upgrading 4 min to 20 or 10 to 50.
    Maybe we'll have to open many more universities?
    Has anyone already done multiples of the same building for income?

20. Machiknight

Feb 5, 2013
    Critical error

Phase two malfunction:
    QUERY: DECOR
    DECOR NOT AVAILABLE

SOLUTION:
    1 ADDITIONAL ROCKY MANSION
    SPLICE SHERIFF
    SPLICE PARK RANGER
    CREATE PARK