Universal Sorcery! 2 - (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Vale12arius

Vale12arius Member

Apr 12, 2014
    #161 Vale12arius, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    Can someone tell me if I can go to the festival of thieves and still get to lorag and flanker? In a single playthough.

2. Vale12arius

Vale12arius Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Or with getting everything on the way

3. Vale12arius

Vale12arius Member

Apr 12, 2014
    where do you get the item for the levitation spell?

4. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Finally completed the game with good ending.
    I have probably every possible item you could get from Khare apart from
    crystal orb and brass ring which needed glue to repair ( didn't find it anywhere in Khare).I didn't use my save from first game so Obviosly don't have every item but this list should be close enough :
    - 5 quantity of beeswax
    - cloth skullcap
    - pouch of sand
    - nose plugs
    - 4 blueberry juice
    - bamboo flute
    - 2 Giant teeth
    - black facemask
    - green haired wig
    - bracelet of bone
    - 3 Sun jewels
    - gold backed mirror
    - snake bite antidote
    - tinderbox
    - paper fragment
    - scroll
    - 3 bottles of bark essence
    - poison
    - legendary sword
    - silver sword
    - bow and silver arrows
    - chainmail gauntlet

18 stamina, God replaced with Courga and 63 gold.
    Didn't found entrance to gardens of Briar no matter how much choices I rewinded.
    Rewinded 2 times "back in time " from doors , second time was just to get more money , rations and 2 items I missed before ( wasn't really necessary ).
    To people having problem with Courga because they killed guard or some other "innocent " person , when Lorag sends you back in time at gates this actions cease to exist and you can talk to Courga normally second time.

5. j.e3diu

j.e3diu Active Member

May 28, 2014
    This is a great text-adventure-rpg. Love it! I've always loved reading, imagining myself in the story and this game enhances that. Can not wait for part three! And the developer seems to have something else coming I think?

6. agamemnus

agamemnus New Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Hello!

I just got this game (just released on Android!) and I have a question about accessibility:

Is there any way to complete the "Take the Main Road" portion (with the wispy statue with blades -- right below the "Mansion Road" text) and complete the "Head Downhill" part (south branch, left of "Festival of Thieves" text) in one game? I don't want to miss the wispy statue gold jewelry drop, but I also don't want to miss exploring the mansion. Help!

Wait, reading some text in posts above....
    "back in time"?!? Is that just the rewind function or something else?

7. Oldworldgamer

Oldworldgamer New Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Glitches

Agamemnus - if you play all the way through till you reach the North Gate you will find out everything you want to know. I don't want to spoil the wonderful surprise for you, but I will say that you can search the cityport a maximum of four times, leaving no stone unturned.

I have discovered a glitch. I have a potion of mystery that can be taken infinite times and adds a point of fighting skill to the player character each time. She now has a fighting skill of 74 and it could easily be a lot more. Now she is invincible, where is the challenge in the game?

Has anyone else found the potion of mystery to have this effect?

8. Grnmachine

Grnmachine New Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Hey guys, im trying to get something but I cant find it.
    so im in sorcery 2, and in sorcery 1 I went to the ruins of laki to get teeth, and I know allania has one, but can I find the vial of glue anywhere in khare? Thanks in advance.

9. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    how does this serise compare to 80 days choice wise? Loving that game.

10. jerrnej

jerrnej Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Lead Guitar
    Maribor
    I'll get this today. Absolutely loved part one! :cool:

11. Weezow

Weezow New Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Guys how do I get the Crystal Orb from the fortune teller? I've done every single thing, but I always end up with the bandits knocking the orb out of my arms.

12. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    #172 Analander, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    Hi everyone, I've been playing this game a lot - and have completed this quite a few times - in fact I registered on this forum solely because it's the most active discussion for Sorcery 1/2 :)

I'm also trying to complete the 10 challenges posted by inkle - here are my thoughts on how to complete them and a few questions.

Met Vik the Slaver?
    Once you reach the docks, get captured. In the hold tell the guards that you know Vik and tell Vik that you know his friend Glandragor (from Sorcery 1). I don't think you can get or gain anything from meeting him - I tend to avoid getting captured because you lose half of your gold.

Met the founder of the City of Kharé?
    I'm not sure what this is about - isn't the founder Lorag? You can meet him in the house and you meet him at the end, near the city gates. Am I missing someting?

Collected the Green-Haired Wig, the Cloth Skullcap, the Bracelet of Bone and the Gold-backed Mirror in a single run-through? (And we mean, a single one!)
    Cloth Skullcap - I'm not sure where to get this in Khare, I carried mine over from Sorcery 1. Let me know if you know how!
    Green Haired Wig - In the fair, enter a booth and you'll see a guy wearing one. Cast a spell to cause depression and you can take it. Alternatively, once you meet Lorag at his house, he'll tell you to wear one and try to convert you into a ceature. Use the spell RAP to counter this and you can keep the wig.
    Bracelet of Bone - At Hanna's mystery booth in the fair. When you get the option to cast a spell. use TEL to read minds - you MUST have the cloth skullcap. You can listen in to the creatures thoughts and then call out to annoy him - you'll get it as a prize. In case you rewind time and visit the fair again, you get a giant's tooth.
    Gold-Backed Mirror - At Lorag's, attempt to repair it from the junk in his shed - you need a vial of glue to do so.

Bought the Legendary Sword? Or better still, bought it twice?
    Buy the sword for 40 gold from the blacksmith in the second half of Khare. Once you return to the main square, you can go down where there are some shops - sell the sword for 60 gold to a weapons dealer (keep bargaining). Once you rewind time, you can buy it again for 40 gold.

Collected more than a hundred and fifty Gold Pieces?
    I haven't tried this, but I suppose the main thing would be not to buy much stuff, keep winning swindlestones, sell the sword once and keep robbing the statue on the other side of Khare for 18 gold each time you rewind.

Burned down the market?
    Visit the carpet seller and let him show you the carpets, then when you get a chance, cast HOT to burn the carpets and the market.

Met the Goblin King - and incite a Goblin revolt against him? - No idea, is this when you're down in the sewers or at the end? Can anyone help?

Rigged the fight in Dwarftown?
    You need to get there quick so don't split off into other paths - you won't be able to rig it if you arrive late. You can cast a spell to help the pixie, but I don't think you get or gain anything from doing so.

Stolen gems and jewels from the God Courga? - No idea, please help EDIT:
    Okay, I think I got this - at Courga's shrine in the Ziggaurat, when you're at the bottom you have an option to drop a coin in the gargoyle's mouth. When you climb and enter the shrine, you get an option of 'stealing treasure' after killing the temple snake - - dropping a coin in the gargoyle's mouth is necessary since I never got this path before. I've tried all options once you steal the treasure and it's not possible to gain anything, instead you end up losing stamina. So maybe it's just a trap for greedy players?

Gone bald?
    Buy the potion of mystery in dwarftown and drink it. You can drink it infinite times, and each time your skill increases - so keep that in mind if you're having trouble in fights.

Whew. Now a few questions:
    1) Is there anyway to stop
    Vik and his werewolf army? At the end some guy tells you that Vik is planning his assault on the council, but that's it. Then you leave Khare. Is there anyway to influence this outcome?
    2) The red-eyes prison -
    Do you get anything useful from getting captured? You can help an Elvin escape, but that's it I guess?
    3) The sewers-
    Several times you get an option from going down a well into the sewers - this is the same place you land up if you step into a portal trap. Is there anything down here? I fought about half a dozen goblins but that was it.
    4) Rope ladder - The one you get from the girl once you help her into her house. Any use for that?

And a couple of bonus things I found.
    1) You'll come across a girl who needs help in getting up to her house. You can use the
    TOP spell you found in Sorcery 1 in Daddu-Ley - the game text also mentions something to this effect. I'm curious if this will work if you did not continue from Sorcery 1, or if you did not visit Daddu-Ley
    2) In the second half of Khare, you come across a creature - you can use a spell and a healing potion to cure it - and it turns out to be a girl suffering from the plague (remember the village from Sorcery 1?). But you don't get anything, even if you saved the plague village.
    Thanks!

EDIT: And here is a way to get all 4 spell lines in 1 play through. I haven't tried this personally, because I don't want to lose out on the items that you get , but I'm almost certain that this will work.
    It's important to remember that you get 1 line in the first half, and the remaining three in the second half of Khare.

Moulas:
    Simply go to the shrine of Slaang and answer the easy question. You can change the god to Courga later.
    Lorag:
    Once you cross the river, you'll come across a square with multiple paths. Take the one with the blacksmith where you can purchase the legendary sword and keep going forward. You'll eventually come to Lorag's house. Answer his questions (may require some trial and error) and he'll tell you his spell line. Return to the main square after this.
    Theetah:
    Again from the main square, head back into the fallen quarter. Keep going and you will reach a junction where you will find Theetah. Help him by killing the harpies, and he will tell you half of his spell line. To get the second half of the spell line, you need to visit Courga's temple - this is near the end after you get the fourth spell line. Ask Courga about the missing part - he'll tell you and you will have the complete spell.
    Shinva:
    From the fallen quarter, after meeting Theetah, you can enter the graveyard. Explore the newere tombs and you can enter Shinva's mausoleum. Explore it, defeat the wraith and he will tell you his spell line

13. Analander

Aug 24, 2014
    #173 Analander, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    Yeah, that's a glitch.

I'm pretty sure you can't take the orb - the sole purpose of it is to
    cast the FAR spell so you can get one of the lines.

14. Analander

Aug 24, 2014

You can destroy the goblins even if you run though the gate without killing the king. You get the same options of using the gate's power and the same text.

15. Vardis

Vardis New Member

Sep 7, 2014
    #175 Vardis, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    I picked the first two games up on the Kindle Fire, and absolutely loved it. Well worth the price.

I finally finished my run getting about as much as I think I could in one play through (no messing with time) and finished with
    Rescued Elvin, saved the city, switched to Courga, 19-0 in swindlestones (the AI should bluff more IMO), and bald.
    7 beeswax
    cloth skullcap
    2 pouches of sand
    a vial of glue
    nose plugs
    6 pebbles
    6 blimberry
    1 giant's tooth
    4 goblins' teeth
    a black faskmask
    a green-haired wig
    a gold-backed mirror
    a bracelet of bone
    3 sun jewels
    a bamboo pipe

Borrinskin boots
    a bottle of poison
    2 bottles of bark essence
    a serpent ring
    a bottle of snake-bite antidote
    a bow and silver arrows
    fire of danger
    tinderbox
    rope ladder

legendary sword +4
    long sword +2
    armband +1
    silver sword -3
    silver chain
    chain gauntlets +1?

15 rations
    150 gold
    badge of 7th noble

I did run into a few bugs and/or text errors:
    At the Chainmaker, if you first ask for directions, then steal when he isn't helpful, you can talk your way out of it using the "I wasn't stealing, you just didn't hear me" dialogue, which doesn't make sense with the guy standing right there.

In the sewer from the fountain at the ruins by the noble, if you are at the bottom and cast the SUN spell before feeling around, you will not be able to move on from that point, since the blue marker for the next area doesn't appear.

If you cast ZAP at Lorag, the text indicates that he disappears as you swing your sword through his neck.

If you go north from the Artist's market through the area with the people with ladders, and then later return to the market and take that same path later in the day, you will be stuck, and unable to move (no blue marker indicating valid path).

In the festival, you can fight in the bare-knuckles tent, then later leave. If you take the horse to get back to the northwest entrance, and then pick the bottom option at that location, it triggers the dwarf flying at you, which can lead you to do the fight again. I'm thinking that latter event should only happen early on, not once the festival has been trashed later in the day.

Also in the festival, you can meet Flanker twice with the same dialogue if you meet him in the early part of the day and then later again if he saves you from the guards. I'd suggest if you've already talked to him once, either don't have him appear the 2nd time, or have different dialogue.

If you take the old man with you to the gate, you don't get the clue for the watchword when he uses it (in case of later time rewind).

If you cast a fireball at the horse and incinerate it, the text for the area will still say you see a "fine horse tied up here".

In the gambling hall, the beggar girl and the red-eyes were at the 2-stake table. I waited, and it said that "the beggar girl must have won, because he stands up and moves to the 5-stake table". Should be "she" there (she was the one who moved).

I thought it was masterfully done from start to end.

16. Vardis

Vardis New Member

Sep 7, 2014
    When in the sewers, instead of fighting the Goblins, get captured by them. Then they will take you to the "King". When he commands you to do stuff, don't play along. After he freaks out, this will eventually lead to the Goblins getting tired of the charade and killing him.

17. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I wanna get this serise, but how diffrent can the story get and do the choices have a huge impact.?

18. cstad

cstad Member

Dec 13, 2013
    You can get
    Vik's
    army to fight the
    goblin
    army at the gates - by saving the prisoner in the Red Eye jail. If you save him, you'll run into him as a guard with
    Vik's
    army by the gates (past Lorag's shrine.)

The werewolf tackles you, and if you don't struggle but talk with guard, you'll discover it's the former Red Eye prisoner. Tell him that the Goblin army is getting ready to attack and he'll run off to tell Vik. Continue to the gates and all the fun with the goblins and their king. During the invasion of the marsh goblins, Vik and his werewolf army will show up and start battling all the goblins with you. You'll still end up destroying all the goblins at the end, but with the bonus of knowing Vik does have the city's best interests at heart.

19. Analander

Aug 24, 2014

Good find!

20. Fahrengeit23

Fahrengeit23 Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Hey, I tried this different ways and didn't get such an option. This Elvin just asks why I am heading the North Gate and then disappears. And yes, I was at the sewers and know about goblins invasion.