Paint it Back - "Picross with a purpose" - free promo codes

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by CasualLabs, Sep 27, 2013.

1. CasualLabs

CasualLabs Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Game Developer
    St. Louis, Missouri
    It should just update to the release version, which is actually just an update to the version you're running now. So game progress saves should remain intact.

2. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    I cannot update the game.

3. darkprophet2088

darkprophet2088 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2012
    will the full game remain unlocked after release? just wondering, because I'll buy if I have to. it's that good. I've played picross games before, but this one is so highly polished

4. CasualLabs

Sep 18, 2013
    Game Developer
    St. Louis, Missouri
    It should remain unlocked. You're playing version 0.9.8 right now. On October 17, version 1.0 will become available to you and the public. So your 0.9.8 should just get updated to 1.0.

5. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Hey guys, a redo button please?

6. CasualLabs

Sep 18, 2013
    Game Developer
    St. Louis, Missouri

I thought about adding one for a bit. Two problems:
    - I didn't like the UI clutter of a third button. Fourth button if redo is counted.
    - It can be hard to tell exactly what it is that you want to undo/redo.

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Thanks for the promo code Casual Labs I am really enjoying the game!! I thought about the redo button when I saw the request and initially thought yeah yeah where is it? But as I play more you don't need it! You can tap untap any move you have made and that is more accurate than a redo button I would think. It's built in to the design.

The game is very polished and a ton of fun. I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys puzzle games.

Is there a way to see the paintings larger than the icon on the wall?

8. CasualLabs

Sep 18, 2013
    Game Developer
    St. Louis, Missouri
    The painting is at its largest after you finish it and it flies over to the wall.

Since these paintings are just low rez pixely pictures, you can take a screenshot of whatever painting and scale that up in whatever paint program and it'll look the same - as long as when you scale it up, you use "nearest neighbor" scaling.

9. CasualLabs

Sep 18, 2013
    Game Developer
    St. Louis, Missouri
    I've got a few more promo codes to hand out - private message me if ya want one.

I had to submit the release version of the game to the app store since it's coming out this week on the 17th, so that "pre-release unlock" button that unlocks the full game for free had to go away, but you can still play the first 30 levels for free with these promo codes.

10. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    I paid $2.99 to unlock the full version. Totally worth it, five stars from me. Keep up the good work! :)