Is there a Chess960/Fischer Random Chess game for iPod/iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SpungoMcGee, Sep 4, 2009.

1. SpungoMcGee

SpungoMcGee Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Are there any apps in which you can actually play Chess960?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess960

I know there's one (Chess960) that provides you with starting positions to use in a real game, but it doesn't let you carry on and play against the iPod.

2. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Nope.

I really like Chess 960 too. Tell me if you find one!

3. iGewappnet

iGewappnet Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Mainz, Germany
    Yes, you can play Chess960, but it is a bit complicated. It works with every regular chess game that allows you to set up the pieces manually (e. g. Shredder). You have to find the random starting positions for the pieces and there are two apps in the store that can do this for you: [app]Chess960[/app] and [app]Random Chess[/app]. The complicated part is to write down the generated starting positions, switch to (e. g.) Shredder and set up the pieces.

I asked the author of Shredder about direct support for Chess960 and he said there is no demand for this. So write to him and tell him that I am not the only one.

4. SpungoMcGee

SpungoMcGee Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Let's see if we can get some more people posting here who want it, then we can save a lot of time by just directing him to the thread...