Pixel Crusader! Massive RPG in the style of Gameboy Classics

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lendo, Jun 4, 2014.

1. lendo

lendo Active Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Pixel Crusader pays homage to the handheld games that held a special place in your heart, with the goal of reviving great adventure Role-Playing Games (RPG's) on a modern console — the iPhone.

[​IMG]

Truly a classic-styled RPG in that style that just hasn't quite been captured on the App Store. Check out our Kickstarter for more info!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1204814856/pixel-crusader

2. Robin/P1XL

Robin/P1XL Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Programmer
    Thunder Bay, Canada
    Good luck with the Kickstarter, and congrats on your progress so far, but why the words like "reviving" and "hasn't quite been captured" when we have games like Dragon Fantasy, Guardian Saga, Cthulhu Saves the World, Monster RPG 2, even official remakes of the Final Fantasy games? There's certainly room for your game too, without disregarding the excellent iOS games we already have in the genre.

3. lendo

lendo Active Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Thank you!

Not trying to disparage others' works -- hence the "hasn't quite" -- but of the games I've had a chance to play, including the first, and most classically styled of the iOS Final Fantasy Apps, none have really had the same feeling as classic GBC and GBA games such as Dragon Warrior (my favorite of them all.) Most are styled more modernly (not necessarily a bad thing) or are lacking in the adventure department... I have not played your game, however, so perhaps one has been overlooked!