Star Scales HD [$1.99 -> Free]

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by primozz, Jul 29, 2013.

1. primozz

primozz Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cool... Grabbing this now.

3. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    A lot of iPad only apps going free it seems. Looks good, but no iPad here :/

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    You might have one at some point...think ahead! I have Rock Prodigy, a 20 dollar app (which I got for free) thanks to foresight.

5. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    You're right. But it sucks that I can't search for them from my iPhones App Store. Think ill take note of some of these apps, then go on my PC or laptop to download some of these.

6. primozz

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    The pricing on Rock Prodigy is crazy ... would have been a nice one to grab while it was free.

May 09 '13 $79.99 -> $59.99
    Apr 30 '13 $49.99 -> $79.99
    Apr 03 '13 $29.99 -> $49.99
    Mar 19 '13 $19.99 -> $29.99

7. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    It's an awesome app. Well, for guitarists, not bassists. Still, it comes in handy as an "I forgot it was your birthday" present for my music inclined friends. Borrow ipad, log in, install, log out. :)

8. primozz

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    two days late and about 1200 miles short, haha.

Happy belated b-day to ya as well, BTW.

I'm tracking Rock Prodigy now so if it gets back to a reasonable price I'll consider picking it up.

9. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

You know what you're giving for a hint here, Greyskull? Is that really true? You can take ANY iOS device, log in with your iTunes account, and download, install and run ANY app (you bought before) for FREE on that device?

I thought often about that but never dared to try it or even to ask (although being iPhone OS/iOS veteran w iTunes account since 2008). If it's true, the only drawback would be that the owner of the device won't get updates of the app as far as I can see (you'd have to login once more for updates).

True?

Sorry for off-topic. Star Scales is recommended for guitarists with ambitions. Thanks for the heads-up!

10. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Limited number of devices, I think. I've only gifted two people, one device each. And they can never update the app, since I'm not giving my pw. And if they delete it...oh well. So...there are many caveats. I lost all purchases prior to 2010 because I truly shared (joint account) with someone I later couldn't trust with my info.

11. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

I heard that you may install an app for no additional costs on five iOS devices. But I already installed some apps on seven (of my own) devices and iTunes/App Store didn't complain.

Yes. But the hint is precious anyway. I don't know if this is common knowledge and if this is fully legal. (Probably not.)

12. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    The bills I get from Apple say it's legal. ;)

Yeah, I've installed on over x devices...it has to do with how many can be linked with the actual iTunes software. I think. As long as you keep feeding Apple money, your account is safe. :)