Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-17-2014, 01:54 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Optimus View Post
Went back to earlier level Shifting Ice's challenge 'Collect at least 200 coins'. Tricky one, but managed to get exactly 200 coins Penguin sacrifice required.

Question: How do you unlock the red locks inside certain levels? I've not come across any special (red?) keys to unlock these.

Thanks.
LOL it's cool that you beat that mission, in the build you have there's a bug where the coin requirement is set too high, so you really had to get clever to beat it

The locks turn red when you don't have any keys (we thought this was helpful feedback, is it confusing?)

There are exactly the same number of keys in each world as there are locks. The idea was that you'd have to decide if you wanted to spend a key on getting a shortcut or a treasure chest, and that it'd be a tough decision because you may not have a lot of keys at any given time.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:01 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
I'm loving the game so far, but have to admit I sometimes feel a little overwhelmed with all the paths that go by.
I can never be bothered to repeat a stage twice in a row, so I fear all these paths are going to get lost unless I re play ever level again.
The game is definitely designed so that you replay levels many times and explore all their paths (and find secrets.) Is there anything that you think could help with the confusion of having so many paths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
It'd be nice if we could have some sort of an indication which levels have secrets to be unlocked.
Other than that, it's a very fun game, very polished and intuitive.
Ill keep playing and see how it progresses in difficulty, and what new gameplay elements are added, if any, (I hope there are!)
Thanks for the feedback Very happy that you enjoy the game! We'd love to hear your thoughts as you continue to play (especially as the game starts to get more difficult )
Old 01-17-2014, 03:49 PM

That character art looks solid…SOOO FAT. Looking forward to it.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PengFictionJules View Post
LOL it's cool that you beat that mission, in the build you have there's a bug where the coin requirement is set too high, so you really had to get clever to beat it

The locks turn red when you don't have any keys (we thought this was helpful feedback, is it confusing?)

There are exactly the same number of keys in each world as there are locks. The idea was that you'd have to decide if you wanted to spend a key on getting a shortcut or a treasure chest, and that it'd be a tough decision because you may not have a lot of keys at any given time.
Thanks for the clarification! I should've noticed that.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:10 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choobers View Post
That character art looks solid…SOOO FAT. Looking forward to it.
The dress-up items are funny, cute, and ironic... It'll be awesome when you guys start making costumes. I can't get enough of stuff like this:

Old 01-22-2014, 05:15 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I'm still in the tutorial levels, but gameplay is outstanding. This game is really fun, and the production values are high.
I have not discovered any issues yet (other than just me) , but then I'm not very far in.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:12 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlemi View Post
I'm still in the tutorial levels, but gameplay is outstanding. This game is really fun, and the production values are high.
I have not discovered any issues yet (other than just me) , but then I'm not very far in.
Glad you like it so far! Hopefully no issues as you get further along haha.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:54 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

We submitted the game!

Thanks to everyone who helped us test and make it a better game.

Crossing fingers (and toes) in hopes of a smooth approval process
Old 03-07-2014, 03:24 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

…and here is the official trailer showcasing some more advanced gameplay, as well the customization feature

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-12-2014, 10:59 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Hey guys,
Wanted to post a pic of our icon, which is intended to show the penguin-ness and adventure-ness of the game.

Also, as we've been playing through the game we've found it takes us about 14 hours just to play through all the levels, and that's not finding the entire Artifact, or doing any of the missions. Plus we know where all the traps and prizes are in the levels and finish as fast as possible, so we estimate that a new player could take up to 100 hours (!!!) to get through all the content. And of course your penguins will be adorably dressed!

Really looking forward to the launch, which is March 20th! Hope you guys like it as much as we do!