Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    I assume you mean for custom maps? I heard they were working on something for this. For now, their Facebook and the Bike Baron Community thread on Touch Arcade both seem to be fun places. :D

2. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Yeah, I meant that. Sorry.

3. Ickon

Ickon Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    I dont tend to use the user submitted levels much so I'd rather see what the best world times are (with the gamecenter nickname it is attributed to)

Then again if it was easier to browse the user levels i might play them more.
    Not a very useful answer overall... sorry.

4. konstantin_ilin

konstantin_ilin Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Moon Rides

Guys, it's really interesting what are your time records on "Moon rides"? Can anyone share?

5. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    I completed it in 20minutes my first time. But I was just making sure I got all the coins. I am going to try to speed things up a bit :)

Also, I greatly prefer the User Maps over Fastest Times. Especially of there's a map rating system and a way to separate maps by difficulty.

6. Jack23

Jack23 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2011
    What have you managed to do? I still haven't had a great run on it yet

7. konstantin_ilin

Feb 28, 2012
    My first time was 17min, then 6 min, then 3 and finally I got the 3rd star:) I spent 2 hours to achieve the record I have now. So just keep playing this level, it needs much time to be spent on:)

8. Jack23

Jack23 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Mmm yea it is just hard to get it all right in one run. It took me a while to get the 3 stars on no checkpoints. Did it all in the one run, 1 min 44 secs:rolleyes:

9. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
  10. konstantin_ilin

Feb 28, 2012
    Hey, very nice compilation) How did you record videos?
    I think it might be more useful in the future to post not only walkthrough but the special tricks and glitches to pass the level faster/easier.

11. Ickon

Ickon Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Thanks, that's cool. Virtual forum high five!

12. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    With Display Recorder (sadly needs JB-en device).Will post all the glitches I find ;)

Thanks,greatly appreciate it ;)

I worked hard and alot on this vid :D

13. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Hi Qwiboo,

I made another level but cannot upload it. I've tried on several occasions and even made copies to upload and they all fail. Doesn't matter if I'm on 3G or Wifi.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

14. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting us know! Looks like the server took a nap, so I restarted it and it should work fine now.

15. pavtop

pavtop Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Definitely compete against worlds best:D:D

GUYS, I'm having a really strange problem. My score in the leaderboards of "some checkpoints" updates, but on "extra checkpoints" and "no checkpoints" my score doesn't change. Am I the only one who has this problem, device IPad 2.

16. Jack23

Jack23 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Sometimes if you improve your times with only 5/6 gebettos, then you get the 6th your score will not update. You will need to improve a time while you have 6/6 then it will all update for you. Let me know if that works.

17. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Would anyone care to make a video of the new extreme level, "moon rides"? I'm finding myself completely clueless with the majority of the level.

18. Ickon

Ickon Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Back up a bit and fast forward to go up the wall and flip back to end up on the wooden bit.
    Stop and lift the front wheel to move to the next 2 bits of wood.
    For the last wooden bit shaped like an L, I get the front wheel stuck on it then keep accelerating and pressing the forward arrow. Essentially flipping over it and reaching the checkpoint.

For the vertical ascending where you dont seem to fit, lift the front and make it go through while getting the front of the bike frame stuck on the corner of the roof. Keep accelerating, that will flip the bike and you'll be going up the shaft upside down. Flip as you get to the top.

Next the low tunnel, lift the back wheel against the ceiling then accelerating very briefly (tap the go button) if you accelerate too long you will crash as the baron leans back.

The rest is pretty standard, just need to be patient and keep trying those jumps.

Hope this is useful, i cant record myself doing it.

19. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Thanks, i beat it 12min. Now for the 3rd star

20. Ickon

Ickon Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Anyone got a failproof technique for this? The baron seems to keep crashing without reason every other time even when im careful to just tap the accelerator. Very annoying when trying a fast run. I keep having to restart from the beginning.