Micro Miners

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jptsetung, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    #41 Kbcorwin, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    No problem, I'm always glad to be of help! And thanks for the compliment ;) I'll be sure to report on anything else I see/ think of.

2. jptsetung

jptsetung Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Submitted. The release date is set to the 25th of october (if it's not rejected).

3. MobileMaster88

Oct 15, 2012
    How do I become a tester?

How much do you pay to be a tester?

4. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Looks cool, would love to beta test

5. Kbcorwin

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Just saw on twitter! It's submitted!
    The last level of world one is pretty difficult, as in I'm being stupid, and I've played it the same way around 10 or 15 times with, SURPRISE the same results, failure :p I've got to actually watch that technique demo... Those are really helpful.

6. jptsetung

May 27, 2009
    After 10 days "waiting for evaluation" the game is now "in review". Finger crossed.

@MobileMaster88 not sure to understand, you want to be paid to test the game?

@Mirkwood I've added you in the team I think. If the game gets some downlaods, I might make an update and I'll count on you to beta test the update. Thx :)

7. Kbcorwin

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    I think he think that you have to pay to test the game, like to get into some pc open betas. @mobilemaster88 you don't have to pay anyone to test, just ask, and if you get in, and you provide good advice and report the bugs you see, that is payment enough.

8. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    anyone who is beta testing, can you tell us how you are liking the game?

9. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

As a fellow iOS developer I would like to wish you good luck with this release. Really looks fun to play, can't wait to try and find out about the game mechanins myself :) Always good when a game does something new, not the same fps / endless runner over and over again. Hopefully Apple will approve your game today :)

10. Kbcorwin

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    I'm liking it a lot , it's pretty difficult in later stages, all things considered, and I know that more content will be added as dev. Continues to work on the game, he has *a ton* of great ideas to implement, as it is it is a fun and challenging little game, with some spirit, humor, and character to spare :) those little 8 pixel guys can convey a lot.

11. jptsetung

May 27, 2009
    #51 jptsetung, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    Ouch, the game is rejected. Even worse I don't understand what they want modified. Actually I undertand they don't like the pixelated aspect of the game, but this would be insane, so that must be something else. All screenshots taken by the reviewer (to illustrate the rejection) seem OK to me. All elements attached below.

[edited] @VTX thx!

[​IMG]

Screenshots taken by the reviewer that are supposed to illustrate why it was rejected :

Screenshot_1.png http://a1077.phobos.apple.com/us/r30/Purple/v4/56/bf/98/56bf986d-3dc7-34cb-6b39-36fd36abca7b/temp..oakpewhr.png

Screenshot_3.png http://a1329.phobos.apple.com/us/r30/Purple/v4/11/80/9e/11809e1c-7ac2-2681-3ede-4f9380435481/temp..gxntxguo.png

Screenshot_2.png http://a26.phobos.apple.com/us/r30/Purple/v4/40/32/1b/40321be0-b486-92ae-f16c-49a70d8341f9/temp..njivlape.png

Screenshot_0.png http://a815.phobos.apple.com/us/r30/Purple/v4/75/39/02/753902cb-ad8e-094f-ae26-b66ca7b26698/temp..izgitcnp.png

12. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

If you want you can PM me the rejection reason, maybe I can give you some advice. Too bad the game is rejected, I was really looking forward to it.

Edit: If the screenshots are the only reason, then with a bit of luck you don't need to upload a new binary, just edit the meta data. That way you don't end up in the back of the queue!

13. jptsetung

May 27, 2009
    No the screenshots are taken by the reviewer and are supposed to illustrate why it was rejected.

14. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Ok, very very strange reason to get rejected, but ok, not too hard to fix:

Just create the screenshots with photoshop. Just have a look at the Push Panic Screenshots (in the app store). But instead of one use two shots in every screenshot. That way it will be WAY less pixelated, then make sure that the 'background' is non pixelated. Do you know what I mean?

15. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    So strange it was rejected. The first image is not visible for me, but judging by the other screenshots I can't see anything worth rejecting it for. Was there a specific reason or did he just send you screenshots? (I can't see the first pic for some reason in case the answer is there.)

16. Bdzer

Bdzer Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    "Hell Valley"

"Daddy Comes"

Maybe?

17. Kbcorwin

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Ahhh mannn... But the little people's dialogue is so great.... Hope he doesn't have to redo it all. Also, that's a ridiculous reason for getting rejected. I assume its at retina resolution? Only reasonable rejection I can think of. Other than that the reviewers just being a twat.

18. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Their decisions are so arbitrary. Considering the garbage that gets approved(mind you I'm extremely lenient as to what i label garbage), I can't see any reason for rejection. I'd like to see a direct reply from the reviewer as to why it wasn't approved rather than just screenshots.

I love the dialogue. That's like half the charm of the game. It also depends what rating it's being sold under. if its in the 12+ rating I can see the slightly adult undertones in the text being a problem.

Have you requested a detailed explanation for the rejection? Rather than tossing ideas around it might just be best to ask directly for the reason.

19. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Now seeing the screenshot why it is rejected. That is very bad news :( It's not about the meta data (screenshots) but they talk about both the gameplay and the user interface. Very very sad that Apple rejects this :(

20. jptsetung

May 27, 2009
    Approved!

Yeah! The appeal board just approved the app (that was rejected 2 weeks ago).
    "This app version has been approved. All communication regarding your previously-rejected binary is now closed."
    The app will be released on nov 15th.
    Thx all for the support.