Gift card contests??

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Darklord1011, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Darklord1011

Darklord1011 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Well just my opinion, about all those gift card contests.

Though it is great opportunity to get free gift cards, but dont the devs do it to create fake rating for their own game?

I dont feel that right.

Not necessarily everytime, some games are good but some aint and still they have good ratings.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I admit I'm not keen on them. I don't blame the devs but I blame the users who put a 5 star rating up for 'white square simulator' just to try and win the $10 voucher

3. Darklord1011

Darklord1011 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Yup true.

This is wrong, an that is reason game creates fake ratings, which they dont deserve.

4. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    I might ever joined these kind of contests but I always left honest review. Actually, it depends how user face it. Some users think if they left 5 star review, it will increase their chance for winning the prize. Actually, it doesn't. If the developer was truly looking for honest feedback, they will appreciate for the one who left honest review (suggestion and critique)

5. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I find the whole idea a very low and disgusting practice indeed.

It is bribery and these dumb people slap a 5* review on in the tiny hope of getting something for nothing which in turn fills the App Store with 'scam' fake reviews which is certainly not good for prospective buyers.

The kiddies that go and stamp 5* reviews in the hope of winning something really need to wake up and smell reality.

Personally I will never download or buy ANY game by a company that resorts to this scam, even if they have a game I really want.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I dont believe at all they're looking for honest feedback, i mean thats what people do for free when they QA/beta test it. Its just a way of gathering lots of 5 star reviews. Very few people leave honest reviews, and even if they leave an honest review they wouldnt normally even bother with this game or write a review, they're just doing it to try and win some money.

I mean some of the games wanting this are a joke, they may be great games for babies/kids but i'm positive most of those people leaving 5 star reviews to try and win the voucher dont even have kids themselves and simply download the app to leave a review to try and win. Theres a lot of accounts who ONLY enter competitions

But this is one major reason why i hardly ever bother with any app store reviews now, just way too many fake ones.