iPhone Legend of Grimrock (Dungeon Master-inspired)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jensen, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Thats on pc though,the ios version is a long way of if it gets done at all.

2. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    I have been following this and it feels more and more like a PC game with an iOS release being an afterthought.

It will probably be nice PC game, but I want to play this on my retina iPad :mad:

3. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
  4. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I'll play on PC anyway and if it is great and maybe they even put some extra content in I will play again on iPad.

But it sounds rather like a full price release for PC, so maybe the iOS version will not only be a technical question of porting it but they may delay it until they are "through" with the PC version.

5. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I'm pretty sure the PC version should be available via download. As for price, my guess would be between $20 and $30. My understanding has always been that the iOS version shouldn't be far behind (i.e. closer to three months than a year.)

I do plan on picking up the PC version as soon as I'm able though, as well as the iOS.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That's been my understanding, too.

From their FAQs:

7. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    #108 LazyGamer, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
    So the price is pretty friendly...will gladly pay the same price for iPad version...which would be the most expensive appstore game I'll ever buy.

ooooh....and the textures...and the lighting :D:D:D

8. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    #109 pka4916, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    I remember posting this in the beginning of this thread, where I got the answer that the Ipad version was going to be released by the end of 2011
    it's 2012 now, and now it's only a PC game for now ??
    and then MAYBE an Ipad version?
    nice going here.

EDIT: just checked their website, and it's not even sure if there is going to be an Ipad version.
    Then why the heck creating this Thread and giving false hope here... and also showing PC ingame footage.
    There is no Ipad version what so ever.

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Again, from their FAQ section:

The reason there is a thread on the game here is that the developer has said all along that the game would be coming out on the iPad.

10. Chaosprower

Chaosprower Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Now that it's available for preorder on PC there's a new FAQ:

Seems like they want to sell the PC version first before using resources for other platforms. Anyway, the PC version looks good and it's available for preorder at $11.99 with lots of extras and goodies and completely DRM-free at GOG.com. Seems like a deal to me.

11. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Look at the Forum over there.. The Dev doesn't know if there will be an Ipad Version. For now there will be NOT.
    So what's the point.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    From the Gold Master announcement:

Obviously if the game fails on Windows we are not likely to see either a Mac or iOS version. But those versions have been in the works (even if just at the planning stage) since the beginning. It wouldn't be the first time that we've had a thread on an upcoming game that it's not 100% certain. The issue is whether an iOS version has been announced, and the incontrovertible fact is that it has.

13. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    #114 kukulcan, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    I really really hope there won't be a iOS version ;)

I will play on PC anyway, because this is so beyond anything I ever dreamed of when it comes to Dungeon Master (which is still my favorite game of all time) being reimagined.

And no iOS version would give our Eye of the Beholder remake some breathing room.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I moved all the posts about your game to the proper location. Please do not take over someone else's thread. I know that you were just responding to questions, but the rule is there to prevent unscrupulous publishers from spamming the threads.

This thread is here only for discussions about Legend of Grimrock (and related subjects).

15. Multiboy2k

Multiboy2k Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Watcher
    Could change at a moment's notice
    Feeling really DUPED.

I have been waiting for this game like many of us for the IPAD.

....What a slick way to sell a PC game. Advertise and generate buzz in the IOS community and then sell it to the PC community after you have drummed up enough buzz.

This action hurts YOU.

You have shown your loyal would-be fans clearly how you decide to do business.

And, you cant possibly expect the game to be a success this way.

This is not an iOS game. As such it really shouldn't even be on this site considering that this site is, 'TOUCH Arcade'.

...then again, I guess if you would've advertised this on a gaming PC site, folks would've bashed it for the shareware that it really is.

It doesnt matter anyway as THIS is the game people really want:

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/122/1221334p1.html?RSSwhen2012-03-22_115600&RSSid=1221334

Good business is HONEST business.

16. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    #117 the9quad, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
    Just wanted to hop on here, and clarify a few things.

One, suggesting this developer is shady because they are in limbo on the iPad version is borderline ignorant. This dev has done a lot of nice things for their fans including reworking the ui completely for disabled gamers. Multiboy if you are that upset over this you might want to get some counseling or something, as in you are acting like a child. Games get canceled, change platforms, or cut features all the time, no amount of name calling is going to change that fact. They don't do it on purpose, they do it because development of games sometimes run into issues which require more money which means they have to scale back and release on one platform to recoup some money so they can hopefully continue development on other platforms.They like to eat too and your crying like a baby who isn't getting his toy isn't going to do anything but make you look like a tool.

Two, I bet they are further along on the iPad version then you think, the ui redesign mentioned above uses art assets fom the iPad version.

17. Multiboy2k

Multiboy2k Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Watcher
    Could change at a moment's notice
    Time will tell.

I urge you to revisit this thread and comments exactly 3 months from now.

Then, you can make a more informed and qualified decision on whether you still think that i'm a 'tool' or not. Thanks for meeting me on my level with the name calling and such. Way to be an example and demonstrate your own level of maturity in this discussion.

18. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Lol, u got me there. Anyway it's a game bro the most you invested in it is watching a video or two and looking at some screen shots, just didn't understand the hatred you had for them, it's like you think they deliberately tricked you and took something from you.

19. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    I am not a 3D programmer myself and with stuff like the Infinity Blades and the Real Racings I started to believe about everything can be done on an iPad 2 or 3.

But when I look at the models, textures and the lighting with the soft shadows being out of this world, can this even be done on iOS without sacrificing a lot of quality?

Dead Space for example is miles from this, Dark Meadow is not too close, even it is probably highly "faked".