Apps for musicians

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by NotYou, Nov 2, 2008.

1. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
  2. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    do miss palm sounds :(

3. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Very much. :(

For those with Animoog, Luftrum has a terrific soundset (Luftrum 8) that is available for download. http://www.luftrum.com/ It covers a wide range of sounds/genres and sounds fantastic!

4. diane21

diane21 New Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Wow awesome info for all music listener.
    Really helpful.

Music Lyrics

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Was gonna just wishlist this one until I glanced across: "Bass & lead parts use Reason’s Thor synthesizer..."

A Propellerhead app for a buck? I'll be back with impressions. ;)

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Update: Figure is pretty good for the price.

It's like a Prophead take on iKaossilator, and I have to confess I really love the UI. Sounds are great as well.

Main problem is that it's very limited compared to iKaossilator - mostly there's no way to save! :mad: If they fix that, I'd highly recommend the app.

7. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Got it as well. What you said is true.

The analog way: iPhone Headphones Out -> Cable with two male TRS connectors -> Mac Audio Input (App Audio Hijack or something similar). But it should be easier and with on-board tools, I'm with you. A save function has already been announced for future versions in their forums.

Yes. It's a steal for the buck.

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    That's why I ways carry my old Creative Labs Zen Micro with me - audio in streight to WAV, acts as a USB memory stick as far as PCs are concerned. Came with a short patch cable for dubbing. + 1/4" jack adaptor and I can quickly record off of just about anything!

9. GameOrama

GameOrama Member

Apr 4, 2012
    I didn't know anything about Pianist for iOS until I entered this thread. Amazing app. I will give it a try (I suppose playing piano at iPad's screen is really hard :p).

10. gatizo

gatizo Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I have been spending a ridiculous amount of time with Figure. The design is spot on, the sounds are great and there are some really nice features built in. As it stands, it is definitely worth more than the paltry 0,79€ asking price and I actually prefer it to iKaossilator just to pick up and play.

Having said all that, I would love to see what else Propellerhead can come up with to extend Figure! :D

11. Habakuk

12. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    #833 dyscode, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  13. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    the kraftwerk kling klang app just got an update and is on sale now too

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Tabletop FREE

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

15. Habakuk

Being a Kraftwerk fan since their beginnings I am not sure what exactly the app does. Anyone? Found a video:

16. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Yeah. I have no idea what this app is supposed to be doing, but it has some interesting sounds in the video.

I had tickets when they toured for "The Mix" but then it got cancelled. :(

17. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    its kraftwerk, bonkers in an interesting way, and under 4 dollars, what more does one need to know ;)

SS - you missed out, they were stunning live

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #839 drelbs, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    figure patches editable!

PS> I was reinstalling iExplorer on a new PC, and was browsing a few apps at random, and it looks like the patches for Figure are in plain text and probably modable. I'll try copying one to play with, with good luck the system loads all files in the patch directory,letting us create new ones. ;)

EDIT: Success!

[​IMG]

Copied 80's Bass.bass from the Patches directory in Figure, renamed it 88's Base and tweaked a few things (note that FM Craziness now says FM Crazy Harry) Patch just appears in alphabetical order and you can swipe to it.

19. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    [app]Genome MIDI Sequencer[/app] half off at $5.99.