Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Maholah

Maholah Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2010
    DLStar, I'll get that set out to you either this evening or tomorrow.

I"m furiously working on finishing my term paper. I think I'll have to have a word with the prof. about assigning major papers when the frogs are updating! ;)

2. Mindion

Mindion Active Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Restaurant Owner
    You bet! Will tame it right now!!!

3. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    #24683 dean288367, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    @Giroth, Sent you the Janus and Frondis from your list.

Trying to keep track of everyones list and sending out frogs as they mature and are tamed.

BTW, I will have the set to send out in a couple of days (thank you Domenic!!) I know it is early but if anyone wants to reserve it, let me know. If you don't want to wait, I think Domenic posted he still has some starter sets available now.

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Should be done now. Let me know if I missed one.

5. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

Thanks Maholah, I'll keep my eyes oPen for them.

Anyone want a set of Violet Vinaceus? Level 13 frogs, I'd love to send them to someone who really needs them - any of you newbies happy to completely tie up your mailbox for a few days?? :) lol.

6. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Welcome, sent you a friend request. If you need any help just let us know:)

7. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Request please

Hi there,

Could I please request Arcus, Botulus and Americano? Also anything level 29+ would be greatly appreciated. I have all other frogs level 28 and below to trade.

Thanks.

GC awboj

8. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Dom, thank you for the starter which I managed to totally forget about and sell it all. If you can see it your heart to send me another I would greatly appreciate it.

9. dudette0980

dudette0980 Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Sooo happy

IM SOOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!! I got my pocket frogs to work again I just had to buy ALL new habitats and scenery. (All different) I had to spent over half my stamps and coins. :(:
    So can anyone send me some or a few of their old non-useful frogs? from fixing my game I had to spent 15,000 coins out of 30,000. Thanks for the help!!!

NOW I CAN PLAY AGAIN :):):):)

10. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    What the heck, first game after the update

FROGGYDEX GAME

There are 2 ways to work on the Froggydex
    1) by breed
    2) by color

There a pros and cons on both methods. I am trying to decide which one I want to do. I have always done by breed but this time I am thinking of doing by color. Can't decide. :confused:

Rules of the game and they are very simple:

1) Post which way is the best way
    2) Give your reasons

Based on the reasons (pros/cons) I will pick which way I will dex the new breeds. The decision is mine :) (no voting this time).

Prize: One habitat (8 frogs) of your choice.

Deadline: Open for now, will see what the response is.

11. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    You are most kind. And generous. Given my game play, I've only a small number of the new frogs. What I'm lacking (& hey, you don't need to send all or any if you change your mind or are overwhelmed) are, according the Giroth's list I printed out:

Flecto, Lunaris, Pictoris, Shelbus, Skeletos, Planeta, Coclearis, Mustacium (are you wishing you hadn't made the offer yet, Cygnet?), Axis, Infinitas, Nodare, Scutulata, Arcus, Botulus, Americano (worn out yet??), Symphonia, Janus, Levar, Gemma (can't find it - must have gifted without breeding to save --aak!),Favus, Tessera, Pistrix, Fractus, Hennae, Pulvillus, Quilta, Foramen & Fortuna. (So, out of breath yet? I am. About to croak, actually!)

It'll be more of a pay if forward type of thing where regulars in the forum get gifted something unusual.

But, still, I feel queasy about asking for things, I'm not a 'dexer so really not my style, so don't feel obliged in any way to send any frog.

Any frog I'm gifted or find, I'll post to scratch off the list...unless you've already fainted, that is.

p.s.: Thanks so much to spearcom for the Spira (one I didn't have...yay!), & dlstar for the generous Bulbus.

12. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Welcome, I have one that is mature and ready to tame. Sending friend request and will get it tamed.

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    @.@

jk. glad to help.

14. Mindion

Mindion Active Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Restaurant Owner
    I was fighting with the same decision over the last few days, you know what i decided, why not both, at the same time! I can breed 23 different breeds and color combos at once, i have no idea how long it will take me, but hey its worth a try. I have seen the nor-cat wheel and other variations of it, and thought why would i want to take up 10 habitats, when i can do a color wheel in 3-4 habitats and have the remaining ones for eggs and breeding. so here goes nothing, starting with my next breed which is ludo, I will choose a different breed for each of the 23 colors and get going! I would do it with my africanus, but I am just about done those, so it doesnt make sense for me to have that frog in there. I had to do a spreadsheet with the colors so that i know what breeds go with what colors, I am working on cataloging my new color wheel while i am finishing my africanus wheel. when those 23 frogs are done, then i will make then next set.

15. JoEllynO

JoEllynO Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Wisconsin, USA

I sent flecto, lunaris, mustacium, pictoris, skeletos, and shelbus. Enjoy!

JoEllynO

16. Koalachlamydia77

Koalachlamydia77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Awesome thank you!:D

17. Mindion

Mindion Active Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Restaurant Owner
    Thank you everyone for helping me collect all the new frogs, my dex is finally full of newbies and ready for dexxing!! Yippee! If anyone needs anything that has helped me out just give me a shout!!

18. fazstp

fazstp Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Aus.
    #24698 fazstp, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    Had a rather frustrating night. Still had three of the new frogs to collect and was up until 4am without coming across any of them. Collected plenty of potions but wasted a lot of stamps keeping my mail box clear. Finally got one of them this morning leaving two more to find.

I've always done them by breed too but have only just swapped to breeding by colour. I have an Anura spectrum of the secondary colours in whatever colour I am working (red at this stage, suspended until I get all the new frogs) with the chroma in the next primary colour. My target breed is also the colour I am working and chroma (so red-chroma at this stage). I then cross the target breed with the target secondary colour for a 1-in-4 chance at the combination I require. I breed each frog until I have all secondary colours and then breed the next colour chroma to mature for the next round. The reason I swapped to this method is economical basically as crossing with the Anura is cheaper than crossing with the same breed and if they're both the same base colour you get the same odds as crossing with the same breed in a different colour which was my previous method. I'm still considering if this is the best avenue as with all the new breeds taking up my habitats I won't be able to generate much income for my Froggydexing.

So:
    Pros - cheaper breeding
    Cons - eggs may be Anura so won't generate as much cash

19. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    How about doing "None of the above." How doing what you want to do or just taking a more laid-back, non-intensive approach to the game. The goalposts keep moving anyway. It's a game you can never win but you CAN enjoy.

Yeah, yeah, I know, how could I a never a 'dexer understand the motivation of a dyed-in-the-wool 'dexer?! You'd be right. I don't. Don't think I ever will. My goal is what gives me pleasure, relaxation, & enjoyment. I'm the true outlier & it works for me.

Then again, I never have entered any game to win. Never will. This one is no exception.

Hope others can be more of your mindset & able to approach the question with reasonable strategy & relevant information.

Take care. Be well.

20. Quossum

Quossum Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2010
    The Great State of Texas
    I started out long, long ago dexing by color, working through only about four breeds a time. I found it too chaotic for my anal-retentive self, as frogs were maturing at all different rates all over the place, then the short-time breeds would be way ahead of the longer breeds--it just didn't match my personal style.

But then, my personal style involves excel charts, colored pencils, and complicated codes which only I can comprehend. :p

I'll stick to dexing by breeds for now. I used to carefully breed and then use the color wheel of frogs (Maroon Tingo, Red Tingo, Tangelo Carota, etc...) as I liked how orderly they looked, but now I've gotten a little more practical and use the frogs I already have in the dex, color combo not mattering so long as I have each of the secondary colors represented in my breeder habs.

Once you're working with *all* two-day breeds, though (as all the new frogs are), I can imagine that color breeding might not be so bad. You could start with your least favorite color and then never have to worry about that color again!

Speaking of...someone said a few pages back that the Nodare was their least favorite of the new frogs, and I think I agree. Too cutesy! Guess I'll have to dex that one soon so I can be done with it!

--Q