Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-10-2010, 08:04 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Turbo-Grafx-16 Emulator- (by Hudson)

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/hud...tor-for-iphone

Quote:
Today Hudson Entertainment announced a "winter" release for TurboGrafx Gamebox, an iOS application that will let users download individual TurboGrafx games. The app comes with one free game, World Sports Competition, and will have 15 more games at launch for $3.99 each.

In a nice try-before-you buy feature, you'll also be able to play one Hudson-selected game for three minutes every day. New games will be added "frequently to meet user demand," a press release said.

We think this is a great move, one that follows Capcom's recently-released Capcom Arcade and Sega's less uniform piecemeal approach for Genesis games. $3.99 sounds a little steep to us for 20-year old games, though.

The games list hasn't been announced yet, but we're expecting to see some of the big names come out for this launch, like Bonk, Bomberman, and Adventure Island. We'll have more for you on TurboGrafx Gamebox as soon as we hear about it.
A possibility of playing Bonk on iPhone?? My heart just skipped a beat!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:20 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

There are not too many TG16/PC Engine games I like, but I am looking forward to portable Alien Crush and Demon Crush. I'd really like Order of the Griffon, but seeing as they've never released that for Wii, I doubt I'll see it on iOS.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:31 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge for me! Splatterhouse (If it has better controls than the one already on app store)

I wonder if they can get Dracula X on that too? that would be cool.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:26 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I would be willing to buy all of the following for $3.99 if proper turbo switch emulation is included: The entire Bonk trilogy, Air Zonk, Alien Crush and New Adventure Island. I'd be willing to pay slightly less for Bomberman '94 and Demon Crush. Any word on if they'll be bringing non-Hudson TG16 games to this emulator? I'd love to see The Legendary Axe on the list.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:28 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Id pay five bucks just for adventure island.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:56 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I would pay 5 bucks for all of the following:

Legendary Axe 1 & 2
Bonks Adventure
Bonks Revenge
Alien crush
Old 06-05-2014, 03:33 PM
iPad

Unfortunately the app crashes when I start it up now and it must have been pulled from the store because I can't find it there. Does anyone know who I could contact for support on this? Konami I'm assuming since they bought Hudson but I have a feeling they've given up on this app. I don't think they ever added any new games after the first update.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:50 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mingo View Post
Unfortunately the app crashes when I start it up now and it must have been pulled from the store because I can't find it there. Does anyone know who I could contact for support on this? Konami I'm assuming since they bought Hudson but I have a feeling they've given up on this app. I don't think they ever added any new games after the first update.
Dammit! You're right! Haven't played for awhile, and it won't open anymore. Just crashes! That sucks! Not sure who to contact, but when you find out, post again, as I'm in interested in having what I had restored if possible! Yeah, they never added many games to it, and I've always jonesed for more. Had the original TG-13 and actually 3 Turbo-Express units over the years! Loved those games, man!