The Ultimate iOS Buyer's Guide

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Neehan, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    #1 Neehan, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
    Anyone who follows my posts knows that I love best of lists and favorite game polls. Despite my love for these lists, these forums get clogged with threads where people are asking for the best game in so and so genre (I am included in the clogging process).

My goal is to create the ultimate buyer's guide that all us can add to and edit to include our favorite games. The end result being one go to place where everyone can find new games that touch arcaders have already proved to be great. Thus cutting down on disappointing purchases and expanding all of our video game palettes.

I have started the list off. I made a Google Docs documents that anyone can edit, as long as you use the link below. Now I am trusting our community not to sabotage this list. Feel free to add your favorite games to list, and to move games to different genres as you see fit. Please, please, please do not remove any games from the list. Also, please keep your additions in alphabetical order, that way the list is easy to navigate and we can cut down on repeated games. Respect other peoples opinions. If someone put a game on the list it must be a game that they love, don't remove if from the list just because you don't like the game.

The list can be seen and editted by using this link...
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NF_ADdLWfhoH1iKInrxKYmrvLtJuv-mHiKITjtQ9BIE/edit?hl=en&authkey=CIW0gcsI

2. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Good idea. I added some :)

3. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #3 chaos_envoys, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
    how about Aralon, Chaos Rings, Devil May Cry 4 Refrain, Infinity Blade, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney, and Shadow Era, ??

4. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Strategy - land sea air warfare, civ rev
    Sports - football manager
    Tower defence - defender chronicles
    Puzzle - toki tori
    Arcade/strategy - flight control, harbour master
    Arcade(ish) - fastar, spirit

5. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Please, add these yourself guys that is the idea. Its like a Buyer's Guide Wiki.

6. abeckstrom

abeckstrom Well-Known Member

I just made a ton of additions :D

7. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Thanks! I think we've got a pretty awesome list going here.

8. domino5343

domino5343 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Need....a.....jooobbb lol
    On a Boat!
    dont forget Baseball Superstars 2010 and 2011....best sport game for people who like baseball and rpg elements

9. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Agreed.

There seems to be a lot missing. Bleh oh well, not my thread to keep up with.

10. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    If you have the list for anybody to edit, can't somebody just delete the hard work you put into making the list?

11. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Fantastic Contraption is broken on 4.2.1 and above, and the devs have no intent of fixing it. The sequel doesn't have the bug but has hundreds more to take it's place.

12. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Yes, but I trust us touch arcaders not to do that. Also, I have a copy on my HD in case someone tries to sabotage the list.

13. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
  14. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well...without some feature like number of votes, then anyone can add their personal favorite, even if it isnt real popular...you will end up with 1,000 games, it will be too overwhelming. Now if there was some way to add number of votes, this could get real insightful really quick.

You might want to break Side-Scrolling/Platform Defense off from Tower Defense. Distinct genre.

15. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Nice list. I added some, and corrected a few errors in some titles. I will add Rainbow Six soon.:)

16. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Would it also help to add a * beside those top of the top games in that genre ? such as space miner , beyond ynth etc.

17. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I would say no because people have such different opinions.

18. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
  19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Sigh...that's really sad to see.

It's too byzantine of a task to try and complete it in this way though. Anyone can put anything on the list..and I don't think that really merits the game as a top game, especially if some people are contributing over 20 games..I don't know what would be a good solution though.

20. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Have no fear, I put the list back up from the one that I copied to my computer.

I'd love to come with a better way of doing this but have yet to figure anything out.