Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-27-2014, 02:15 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
I'm surprised to see that there is still no review of Alien Tribe 2 from either TA or Pocket Tactics. This is one of the most unique and uniquely fun strategy games for the platform.

Hopefully the iPhone port can inspire some official response.

EDIT: On another note, I think that a diplomatic layer/metagame just might be the best thing that could happen to Alien Tribe 2 (together with the already requested different scenarios).

Currently, the game feels like an extremely grand and slow-paced RTS with 4X trappings. Which is awesome, mind you But with the addition of diplomacy and peaceful solutions (and why not alliances - let the Malloc deal with those long-range cloud buggers - espionage and sabotage down the starlit road?), this might truly turn into the only true real-time 4X for iOS. Possibly one of the few and best for any platform.
Thanks for the great feedback. We got some good press in Germany and we had some very good chart rankings in Europe (Germany #11 Overall app, #6 Games etc., Austria, Netherlands etc.). We also translated the app in to the russian language and now the russian chart rankings also much better than before.

I also think the diplomatic layer would give Alien Tribe 2 a boost into a completely new direction. I like the idea a lot. The only thing I am little bit concerned is to find the right balance between the diplomatic stuff and the real-time strategy. I've talked with Stefan H. (Ukando) and it will be probably the next big update. Also attacking the Malloc instead of only defending would be another great addition.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:43 AM

BTW got my iPhone 6 earlier and it works fine on the iPhone. Great work!
Old Today, 10:33 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

New update with a few bugfixes and other changes will be out soon!