iPad The Quest

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BrushMyNoseOff, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Evildonald

Evildonald New Member

Mar 26, 2010
    I also have become enamoured with The Quest, but have become frustratated at the lack of centalised help for quests and areas. I went to start a wiki at Wikia, but was surprised to find one made and abandoned 6 months ago.

WIKI LINK:

I have picked up the baton and started fleshing out what I hope will be the definitive source of help for The Quest.

http://thequest.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

2. drdanick

drdanick Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Student/procrastinator
    New Zealand
    Oh. My. God. I just opened the app after updating to 6.6 and my 30+ hour saved games are gone!! The only app still with saved games is the mithril horde standalone app (which I didn't play much). Excuse the French, but WHAT THE ****!? :'(.

I need a hug.

3. drdanick

drdanick Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Student/procrastinator
    New Zealand
    #2083 drdanick, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
    (removed accidental double post here)

4. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

There you go. ;)

Oh, and how many expansions are there for this game now? Just wondering. :p

5. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    *hug

6. Strokeraze

Strokeraze Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Reeaaallly need some help here. Looking for nadia's father in the nadia's potion quest. I've searched this forum top to bottom and found that the cave is supposed to be in the river of Brendan area, but I've completely scoured that sector several times over with no luck. Could someone be more specific as to the location? Am I looking for a hole in the ground with a ladder like in matras graveyard and the holy mans cave? Please help! Thanks in advance.

7. Strokeraze

Strokeraze Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Just saw a map with the location marked. The cave hasn't yet appeared on my map. Guess I have to be issued another quest dealing with the amazons first, not sure.

8. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    You have to get Thurm's quest for the animals

9. Strokeraze

Strokeraze Member

Apr 24, 2010
  10. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    oh, when will the quest ever update with a list of active quests that includes everything you know about them? (who gave it ,what to do next that you know of, how far your are, etc. - like morrowind or oblivion). I'd rather have that than 5 more expansions!!!!

11. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    From what I understand, quest updating simply isn't supported by the engine. I agree that it can be intensely frustrating, especially if you've taken a break from the game, but it's unlikely that it will ever change.

12. Strokeraze

Strokeraze Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Um, apparently thurm is the giver of the animals quest and since he's already been kidnapped...

13. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    No, Thurms father in law has been kidnapped. Thurm is in his cabin, his wife Nadia, the one that gave you the quest to find her father, is walking outside the cabin. If you have trouble finding it again just go to the cemetery of matras and keep heading north, you'll see the cabin soon

14. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    The Quest - Asteroids has been uploaded to Apple for those of you who are playing the expansions. : )

You fight in a medieval world but it's not quite where you are accustomed to be. : ) You can mine and smelt minerals. : ) And do a number of other interesting things.

15. Strokeraze

Strokeraze Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Ah I see. Thanks much that helps alot. Really enjoying the game.

16. highmoon

highmoon New Member

Apr 18, 2010
    omg, looks awesome, is it long enough to fork over 5.99$?

17. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    YES! This game and its expansions have kept me interested for over a year! No other game (except fallout 3) has beat that record.

18. Strokeraze

Strokeraze Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Mithril for the blacksmith

Hey guys. Wondering about how to access the mithril under silver peaks now. In each cave, the mysterious man's friends and their orcs won't let me by them to the mithril mines. What do I need to do? Any help? Thanks again.

19. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    Hmm.. I don't remember the answer to that one but whenever I get stuck in this game, the best thing to do when stuck is to skip the quest temporarily and go do another one. Most of the time quests give rewards or open up new areas that are (unbeknownst to the player) required for other quests so everything will sort itself out in the end.

20. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    #2100 spacecowgoesmoo, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
    *double posted to claim the 'OMG 3000th!!' post. Epic mathematics fail... >.>*